Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Statin Deception (Truth about Cholesterol Medicines) New Study!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not selling anything, not proclaiming any Absolute Truths, but I've been on 20mg ed of atorvastatin (Lipitor) for years. Low LDL, low total, usually just borderline HDL ... and no dramatic sides that I'm aware of.

Maybe it's one of those drugs that works for most people, who take it for granted and then remain silent, but is not right for a relative few who have every right to say so?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Week 2 of trying Rovustatin. No issues yet. I've got a bunch of Atorvastatin I need to trade off

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Not selling anything, not proclaiming any Absolute Truths, but I've been on 20mg ed of atorvastatin (Lipitor) for years. Low LDL, low total, usually just borderline HDL ... and no dramatic sides that I'm aware of.

Maybe it's one of those drugs that works for most people, who take it for granted and then remain silent, but is not right for a relative few who have every right to say so?
You are lucky. I am just gonna do cardio, take red rice yeast and such and live with borderline high lipids but my triglycerides are very low so that is good according to the study.

Ogre have not heard of that one. Hope it goes good for you.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Very few people actually "need" statins. Those with dangerous familial issues. I happen to be one. (Trig's and LDL at 2 times the norm, etc).
Been on for 16 years, no sides that I can feel, other than the lowering of Test-levels. (Test is made in your cholesterol). TRT took care of that issue for me.
I laugh when I hear (my Doc put me on stains, my total was 202). :rolleyes:

I however switched to Red Yeast Rice from other countries, that has "Monocolin-K" in it. (Naturally fermented "Lovastatin"). Not synthetic big-pharma stuff.
And only 10 mg is needed. Asian countries have used it for a million yrs (fermented naturally) until Big Pharma stole it (for our safety). :rolleyes:

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Several years ago I was put on statins by the VA. Within 4 months I was losing function in my legs. Woke at 3 am one morning and was paralyzed from waist down with rare side effect called Rhabdomyolysis.

One thing doc told me at the hospital I won't forget; statins are one of the top 5 drugs docs won't even take.
Strange because we had a member at WCBB (a few other boards too) that is a doctor and he said there were two things every doctor took...low dose statin and Retin-A LOL

I take 10mg atorvastatin daily (and just got my blood work after a big cycle and my cholesterol numbers all sucked. (everything else was surprisingly good though)

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
10ish years ago I was put on lipitor had to stop after 2 days had crazy pain all over that lasted months to me its the worst med ive ever taken. guess I was in the unlucky group that have terrible sides.
I had the same thing happen with crestor and the doc told me to get coq10 so I did and it helped with those pains.
I'm on lipitor now and don't experience.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic