Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Starting the HCG diet

Chgofirefighter

Chgofirefighter

Mar 14, 2011
Hello all~!

My girl and I are going to jump on and do the HCG Diet, I ordered the products from Trimnutrition and yes they are the legit real deal. We're not fat or hugh but I do have to admit that I am only about 5'06 and I weight almost 180lbs my girl is about 5'08 and she weighs about 140lbs etc not quite sure but in my eyes she's perfect but you know how woman's are their never happy even if I tell her that she's beautiful everyday. Anyway, looking to shed about 20lbs myself and her about 15lbs or so.

Has anyone tried this diet? and lastly NO, we won't be restricted to just 500 calories a day! :)

Looking for experience on this topic, pro's and con's but please don't flame us! lol

Thanks to all in advance!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
No flaming but I've never heard anything good about this diet. Why this one? If not 500, how many cals will you be eating?

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
very bad idea... but if you're not doing the 500cal thing, then it's not the hcg diet, only way to help you guys out, as with EVERY nutrition situation is to tell us what you eat, how much of it and when, if you want, include the why's...

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
This "diet" works for some and does not for others. I would say is works for very few. Without the 500cal restriction, not sure how u expect results, that is where the weight loss will come from.

Chgofirefighter

Chgofirefighter

Mar 14, 2011
I'm doing it through my nutritionist doctor who is a license doctor, not just some random clinic. 500 Calories is too restrictive and I have a very physical job that requires "some" calories or better said energy. I will be eating 4 times a day, fruit in the am, light lunch, fruit mid afternoon and light dinner. I can't go over 3 or 4 ounces of protein "meat" I have to have a source of veggie and a tiny source of carbs "Melba toast" no lotions or creams in my body for the duration of the treatment and keep myself hydrated constantly. I won't be able to workout, cardio etc so I have to be careful with my energy storage. Also, I will be doing 2X a week Vit B12 and B Complex shots. My doctor will be monitoring everything.

So any other advise or suggestion? Thanks

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like a great way to lose weight... Which will include muscle loss. Why did you pick this particular method of losing weight?

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
That doctor should have his license revoked, I've posted enough studies in the past to show hcg has no effect on weight loss and a 500cal diet or anything super restrictive is not healthy nor sustainable. Sure some medical professionals perscribe 800 cal or lower diets to some severely obese in extreme cases but the hcg should never be included in this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365103/pdf/brjclinpharm00004-0042.pdf

That should be about all the proof needed hcg does NOT contribute to fat/weight loss.

Last edited:
ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
how much weight are you looking to lose?

Chgofirefighter

Chgofirefighter

Mar 14, 2011
I'm not looking to loose a massive amount of weight, I am 5'06 tall and weight about 185, I am NOT fat, bodyfat is at 18%. I would love to be about 160lbs and possibly 10% if possible. My ideal weight per my doctors recommendation is at around 160lbs so I'm looking to shed some weight fast but w hard work and dedication. I'm not looking for a miracle or a fad diet however, I am looking to do something radical to achieve my goals...

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Having a Doctors Licence is like having a drivers licence or a gun licence.......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic