Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

slow and steady recovery and on to bigger things...

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
She meant the OP. You and Rr are a few thousand miles away.

But you would make a cute strong woman :p
===•====•======================

How was I to know where she lived except "under your bed", but what seriously made me believe her post was directed at me, is her avatar shows her lifting a roughly 120 lb dumbbell while the OP is in need of rehab. Finally her post is directly above mine without any indication of whom it is for.

FYI, I'm not strong and I'm not a women but there's always time to "grow" :)

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol yes my offer was for the op

Strongwoman is functional strength type training and our implements go light enough children have tried them out before.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Great progress, and like others, I am curious why you have made up your mind that you can't compete again. In many cases, I think this is just something that is holding you back. Let's say that you tell yourself you can compete, even if you end up not competing. How do you think the results of your training will end up comparing it to if you convinced yourself you can never compete again. I think it would create a mental and physical barrier that can greatly hinder your gains, don't you think?

Train like you want it!! Train like you need it!

You're doing so well. I don't want to make this thread about me, but let me tell you, I have sustained so many injuries and illness in the last couple years, I have lost a ton of muscle. My legs have severely atrophied because some days I can't even walk due to inflammation and pain. (Getting tested for autoimmune disorders and inflammatory diseases this week. I pretty much live with pain. Regardless of how bad it gets, how small I get, how weak I get, I still get up and hit the gym and Judo. Some days I have to call it quits early though, but I am still there doing what I can and trying to hit it as hard as I can.

Anyway, I digress. Make the best of your situation. Don't let anything stop you.

Seira_1337

Seira_1337

TID Lady Member
Jul 15, 2014
I say I cant compete mainly because a) I cant kneel at all on my right knee without feeling like I'm being stabbed. B) ive jumped on a pole and tried to do a few things and it felt like my leg was going to rip apart. C) i had severe internal bleeding and had to have a fasciotomy. There is a lot of nerve damage throughout. Its pretty mangled.

Its possible, with time that i could get back to competition level, but at this point, I think Im ready to move on. I've won a few comps and I enjoyed the experience. But, I'm becoming more and more interested in what the weight room has to offer. I'm excited to see what limits I can push myself to in a different direction.
And I am very curious about strongwoman training, RR. :)

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I say I cant compete mainly because a) I cant kneel at all on my right knee without feeling like I'm being stabbed. B) ive jumped on a pole and tried to do a few things and it felt like my leg was going to rip apart. C) i had severe internal bleeding and had to have a fasciotomy. There is a lot of nerve damage throughout. Its pretty mangled.

Its possible, with time that i could get back to competition level, but at this point, I think Im ready to move on. I've won a few comps and I enjoyed the experience. But, I'm becoming more and more interested in what the weight room has to offer. I'm excited to see what limits I can push myself to in a different direction.
And I am very curious about strongwoman training, RR. :)

=====•========•=•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••====

Yea it certainly sounds like what you are describing is "compartment syndrome" which caused nerve damage.

However don't give up hope because there are still some therapies which may help on a medical basis. However I also understand your willingness to accept the injury and work around it sort of speak. I don't know what stage you are in but allow me to prop some ideas into that healthy acceptance of yours..

1) Rehab is the most important aspect of your type of injury and there is no substitute (but I think you know that for some reason)

2) Certain patients are candidates for nerve transplants, which indeed may help tremulously in select patients
The "selection" is generally determined by an EMG

3) There are also certain forms of "vascular" flaps which may help.

4) Finally research is being done with rHGH and while spinal cord injuries have not benefited, the hope seems more credible for peripheral nerve injuries, on a provisional basis.

So yea it does sound like competing at you prior level will be quite difficult but keep on chugging gal because your still young and will find nothing more gratifying in life than overcoming obstacles others said "ya couldn't reach"!

Best regards
Jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Lol yes my offer was for the op

Strongwoman is functional strength type training and our implements go light enough children have tried them out before.

Apologies then I meant no distaste, but I do hope you can help the OP in any way possible RR

Hey so are u saying those dumbbells being lifted are plastic and filled with air :)

Jim

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Welcome to the den and welcome back to a healthier lifestyle.

I blew out my shoulder and never really pitched again (played D1 baseball and was scouted by 22 major league teams) and that depression is real when your passion is taken away from you.

Find your inner strength and take it out on the weights. Like others said, there is a possibility that you'll still be able to dance or perhaps a variation of the level you were at prior. Me? I travel the country playing softball at a high level.....silver lining but no replacement.

Stay strong and lift heavy.
UHC

bobolalovic

bobolalovic

Jul 23, 2014
it is important that people realize the positive side ... the beginner progress is all nice ... should persevere ... work hard for a long time until everything comes as a habit ...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic