Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sleep apnea?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, I would think if you have structural issues all types of masks, pillows, etc... would be difficult. Even having a stuffy nose makes it difficult to sleep with.
I am the opposite I have to use a full face mask since my allergies and sinus issues make me a mouth breather.
I wish I could use the nasal.
I have been using delta 8 and delta 9 gummies to help with sleep and it has been working so well I sometimes don't put my mask on because I am in a deep sleep. I feel profoundly different the next day when this happens so I make a conscious effort to slap it on before I hit the lights and then hook up thr machine.

I will also admit I spend a lot of time on sleep prep. After the teeth are brushed I take a hot shower as the body senses temperature changes as a primary role at night for sleep. I take melatonin as well and a true nutrition sleep capsule and now half a THC gummy. The room is completely blacked out and fans on. The last thing is turning on a 10 hour stretch of sleep music from YouTube.
Along with the cpap it's made a world of difference in my sleep.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am the opposite I have to use a full face mask since my allergies and sinus issues make me a mouth breather.
I have been using delta 8 and delta 9 gummies to help with sleep and it has been working so well I sometimes don't put my mask on because I am in a deep sleep. I feel profoundly different the next day when this happens so I make a conscious effort to slap it on before I hit the lights and then hook up thr machine.

I will also admit I spend a lot of time on sleep prep. After the teeth are brushed I take a hot shower as the body senses temperature changes as a primary role at night for sleep. I take melatonin as well and a true nutrition sleep capsule and now half a THC gummy. The room is completely blacked out and fans on. The last thing is turning on a 10 hour stretch of sleep music from YouTube.
I am a full mask guy too. Funny, I have been really having a hard time sleeping being on prep. Big calorie deficits coupled with all the time in the gym and cardio wears me out, but also interrupts my sleep a lot. I don't even take naps. I bought some CBD gummies from a local vape shop and they don't do a damn thing. This is on top of 5-HTP, GABA, P5P and melatonin. I just ordered some REAL gummies, so hopefully they work.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, I would think if you have structural issues all types of masks, pillows, etc... would be difficult. Even having a stuffy nose makes it difficult to sleep with.

I am a full mask guy too. Funny, I have been really having a hard time sleeping being on prep. Big calorie deficits coupled with all the time in the gym and cardio wears me out, but also interrupts my sleep a lot. I don't even take naps. I bought some CBD gummies from a local vape shop and they don't do a damn thing. This is on top of 5-HTP, GABA, P5P and melatonin. I just ordered some REAL gummies, so hopefully they work.
If I train too close to bedtime I am the same way...just can't come down. CBD sucked for me too vapes gummies once delta 8 and delta 9 from hemp hit mainstream I have used them with great results.
I am not a fan of vaping as it irritates my throat. I love the gummies and now trying the syrups with good results.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

Bro I wish I could use those. We get piss tested at work. I do a hot shower and melatonin and binaural beats for sleeping as well as mag glycinate. I still sleep like shit.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Bro I wish I could use those. We get piss tested at work. I do a hot shower and melatonin and binaural beats for sleeping as well as mag glycinate. I still sleep like shit.
Yea that sucks legal or not they don't care on a drug test. I use True Nutrition Sleep caps too. They help. I am going to Denver in August maybe I will try the real deal as some of the pinheads on promuscle told me hemp derived thc does not work as well as the strains derived from cannabis.

Fedora7

Fedora7

Jul 6, 2023
It's possible that the doctors you have encountered may have different opinions and theories due to variations in their clinical experience and individual approaches. However, it's essential to find a healthcare professional who is knowledgeable about sleep disorders and can work with you to find the most suitable treatment option.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's possible that the doctors you have encountered may have different opinions and theories due to variations in their clinical experience and individual approaches. However, it's essential to find a healthcare professional who is knowledgeable about sleep disorders and can work with you to find the most suitable treatment option.

What a bunch of words to say absolutely nothing.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
All I can say is I refuse to sleep without my cpap. It gives me quality sleep. Only times I don't sleep with it on is when the power is out which doesn't happen often.

I snore so bad otherwise that when I wake up my throat is sore and super dry.

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
I've needed one for ~20 years. The machine I had 15+ years ago was huge and constant high pressure made it hard to sleep.

Last time I went in the machines were tiny. I tried on some masks and almost got one until they mentioned the compliance rules for insurance. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to follow.

I've heard from several people that getting it right is "life changing" so thinking about giving it another shot after the new year when insurance out of pocket $ resets.

Anyone here have one and only sleep on your side? For me, the mask pressed into face when trying to sleep was not comfortable.

The long term health risks of apnea are pretty scary so it might be worth forcing myself to get and use the machine.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I've needed one for ~20 years. The machine I had 15+ years ago was huge and constant high pressure made it hard to sleep.

Last time I went in the machines were tiny. I tried on some masks and almost got one until they mentioned the compliance rules for insurance. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to follow.

I've heard from several people that getting it right is "life changing" so thinking about giving it another shot after the new year when insurance out of pocket $ resets.

Anyone here have one and only sleep on your side? For me, the mask pressed into face when trying to sleep was not comfortable.

The long term health risks of apnea are pretty scary so it might be worth forcing myself to get and use the machine.
I promise you that you will get used to it. In the beginning I would roll over sometimes too far and yank the machine of my bedroom table. Unconsciously rip the mask off you name it I did it. I sleep on my back and side with no issues now. The new c paps blow out air only when you are breathing in and not like the old days breathing out against 15 psi. Choke choke.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic