Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Scar tissue

B

Bbanner

Nov 5, 2012
This might be a dumb question. Does scar tissue ever repair itself?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

No such thing as a dumb question. Deep tissue can help break it up from what I have heard. I could be wrong though. Great question bro.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010

When tissue is damaged, its replaced with scar tissue...so technically the scar itself is the repair. Its possible to reduce the size of the scar tissue, but that tissue will always be non functional.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
My skin has def gotten pretty tough by the time the end of my cycle rolls around. It seems that after I give the injection sites a break for awhile it goes back to normal (especially my delts)

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
When tissue is damaged, its replaced with scar tissue...so technically the scar itself is the repair. Its possible to reduce the size of the scar tissue, but that tissue will always be non functional.
Had a Complete achilles tendon rupture. Surgery was done and what was left after healing is hard, thick none flexible tendon with little to no nerve. The calf muscle was reformed, is smaller and weaker than the other. Each injury is different and scar tissue is going to vary in severity.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Had a Complete achilles tendon rupture. Surgery was done and what was left after healing is hard, thick none flexible tendon with little to no nerve. The calf muscle was reformed, is smaller and weaker than the other. Each injury is different and scar tissue is going to vary in severity.

Is your smaller calf muscle the same shape as it was just smaller?

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Is your smaller calf muscle the same shape as it was just smaller?
The general shape is basically the same. The medial head is smaller due in part to less exposure to useage and has become weaker. More emphasis is placed on the soleus and lateral head. From what the head surgeon told me the tendon was completely severed.

B

Bbanner

Nov 5, 2012
Wow. Thanks for the answers.

Grumpy, how did you severe your Achilles? I bet that sounded like a cannon going off in your head.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
A good example of scare tissue would be gristle that runs thru the middle of a piece of meat. That shit is scar tissue.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic