angelarbatt
What's New?

Robin Williams Dead of Apparent Suicide at 63

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
In the paper as a TRAGEDY. Umm, a 90 yo woman or baby getting hit by a car and dying is a tragedy, some rich actor killing himself is not.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I feel bad for his children and loved ones who are left to grieve. He is a coward and selfish for this. As someone who lost a close family member to suicide, i know what his family is going through.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Yeah real tragedy. I guess life as a famous millionaire was just to much to bare so he took the easy way out and left his kids and family behind. His movies all sucked anyway.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
He must have been in a really bad place to kill himself.

Last edited:
big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I wonder if he was struggling with alcoholism again. Very sad and he will be missed.

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
Yeah real tragedy. I guess life as a famous millionaire was just to much to bare so he took the easy way out and left his kids and family behind. His movies all sucked anyway.
I had a girlfriend who hung herself and I once had a gun in my mouth in the throes of drug addiction.... funny thing was I didn't have the courage to pull the trigger. Pussied out. In retrospect it was a blessing I didn't do it, but at the time a LACK of courage prevented me from doing what my brain thought was the best answer. Funny how different things must look from just the ten foot view.

A 90 year old dying from being hit by a car is more of a tragedy for the car imo... 90 is a pretty ripe age for the reaper- not sure if that quantifies the word tragedy.
I feel bad for his children and loved ones who are left to grieve. He is a coward and selfish for this. As someone who lost a close family member to suicide, i know what his family is going through.

bigkarch

bigkarch

May 27, 2012
fame and fortune doesnt buy you happiness....I wish I could help those who hurt as my ex wife commited suicide...

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I've always heard that comedians are generally troubled people.

Many people have demons often understood only by themselves, and many have chemical imbalances and other physical problems that cause depression and other psych issues. When I hear about this sort of thing, it's troubling, but not as much so if he had pulled a Chris Benoit or done what mass murderers do and harmed his family or other innocent people. I guess we should all be relieved he didn't harm anyone else.

I guess depression, despondency, etc often come down to what things are or appear to be in the eyes of the beholder. Someone starving to death in an African desert would probably think that the most despondent and down and out American had it made compared to them.

The "problems" of someone living in a huge mansion with hundreds millions in the bank are probably very minor in most cases when compared to the average American and to most people everywhere else in the world. But what most would consider minor or routine life problems such as dealing with getting old, being no longer in demand in one's chosen profession, and having to adjust to a lifestyle of retirement or relative "normalcy" or whatever can seem huge to someone very famous who made tons of money by being admired by millions of people.

It's largely a matter of perspective I suppose.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I had a girlfriend who hung herself and I once had a gun in my mouth in the throes of drug addiction.... funny thing was I didn't have the courage to pull the trigger. Pussied out. In retrospect it was a blessing I didn't do it, but at the time a LACK of courage prevented me from doing what my brain thought was the best answer. Funny how different things must look from just the ten foot view.

I grew up a miserable and suicidal kid, I've taken at least 10 different anti depressants, all the way up to MAOI inhibitors, nothing ever worked so I gave up. Give me a million dollars and I'd probably cheer up a little bit though.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Do you have either? So how do you know?

Are u serious, how do you know? Do you need a list of entertainers/musicians/athletes who commited suicide to remind you that obviously fame and fortune does not buy you happiness?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Are u serious, how do you know? Do you need a list of entertainers/musicians/athletes who commited suicide to remind you that obviously fame and fortune does not buy you happiness?

I never said it did, but being miserable and rich usually beats being miserable and poor.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic