Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

reducing cholesterol

ironhardempress

ironhardempress

TID Lady Member
Jan 15, 2016
Ok, my husband got a cholesterol/wellness test done and his is way too high with his LDL especially too high. His HDL/LDL ratio is awful. He has eaten clean for many years and we do not eat any saturated or trans fats (exception being the odd bit of bacon here and there), keep red meat to a minimum (mostly chicken and fish), low-fat plain yogurt etc. The only dietary cholesterol i question is that we eat a lot of eggs. I use plain egg whites as well, but we eat a couple whole eggs every day. We both work out every day but primarily lifting and little cardio (although we both did Crossfit for about 3 years not too long ago). He is on self-administered TRT (very conservative amount) and his testosterone showed in the high end, but he had just had his shot 2 days prior. His blood pressure is good and his triglycerides were very good. What can be done about his cholesterol? I have no idea if it is genetic. We both do not like doctors and resist being on any kind of medication if we can fix it with diet and exercise. He is 41 years old and in excellent physical condition.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
His cholesterol isn't high because of eggs. A human liver produces 1000-2000 mg of cholesterol daily.

If it's very high, maybe it's time to see the Dr for a statin. I assume he's already taking fish oil daily?

ironhardempress

ironhardempress

TID Lady Member
Jan 15, 2016
He's inconsistent on the fish oil. I'll try to get him to be more consistent. He's avoiding statins if he can get it under control naturally

Lena Hunsberger

Lena Hunsberger

TID Lady Member
May 30, 2016
The main reason behind reducing cholesterol levels is achieving better health. High LDL cholesterol poses health risks, hence one must focus on reducing cholesterol. By doing regular activities and following natural ways you can reduce it. People with high cholesterol should try an effective ways of it naturally.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
The main reason behind reducing cholesterol levels is achieving better health. High LDL cholesterol poses health risks, hence one must focus on reducing cholesterol. By doing regular activities and following natural ways you can reduce it. People with high cholesterol should try an effective ways of it naturally.

Wow.....great advice!

Your post says nothing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic