Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

r/trt forum reddit. What a laugh.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
I took a gander at the reddit trt forum. There are a bunch of clowns saying their docs put them on 200-250mg trt a week. They post their pics. Not that smart nutrition and training aren't effective, but this isn't trt. It's whatever you call a cycle that never ends. They just don't want to publicly admit it.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have not checked that out, Might be a good laugh. If they got a doc putting them on 200 mg+ I want his #.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Check out Ray Peat Forums for even more literal craziness.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My doctor has me on 200 mg a week, but only take 150 mg, as I know better. I know several guys at the gym that are on more than that, legit from their doctor. TRT clinics are not looking to get your levels to 700 where a primary care, endo or urologist will. The doctors at the TRT clinics will push you to 1100 as long as your labs come back as reasonable. Mine even said, he doesn't care if 200 mg pushes me over 1200 if my labs came back alright. My total test came back in the upper 800's, but my free test was off the charts, so even better.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
A number of guys at the gym that go to a local TRT clinic are on 200 - 325 a week. Have been for years. Aside from blood donations, labs are fine and I'd expect them to be. My urologist now retired prescribed 200 mg/wk of TC or TE from the 1980's until he retired. He worked at one of the top hospitals in the country and had the biggest HRT practice at the facility, a number of patients were also doctors at the facility. Never had one problem. Used to piss of the endos and internal med guys because they all thought that dose would be deadly.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I have not checked that out, Might be a good laugh. If they got a doc putting them on 200 mg+ I want his #.
Up till 2018 lots of Docs were putting guys on 200/wk. That’s what my dosage is and my bloods were at 700 till the blood test now magically reads double if I don’t cut down to 100 2 weeks before the draw.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I used to think that was high for TRT but for guys that have been "enhanced" for a long time and have way above average muscle mass, it might just be needed. Surely they have way more androgen receptors so it actually gets used versus converted or excreted. For myself over time, I've required more to keep the same levels and I'm smol. At 175mg a week right now.

But for fat, Axe body spray wearing, middle aged dudes that don't live any kind of healthy lifestyle, I'd say it is too high for them. They are probably only partially deficient, too, making 200mg/week using a nuclear bomb to kill a fly.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I used to think 300 mg a week was technically a cycle until I started coaching and reading clients labs. I have guys that are on 200 mg a week with total test over 1500, while others need 500 mg a week to get to 1500. Those guys would need 300 mg just be in the upper range of average.

Just like some guys can run 125 mg a week and have hematocrit run over 55 and their cholesterol gets crushed. Then I have seen guys run grams of gear for months and everything except creatinine stays in the normal range.

When we talk about genetics in bodybuilding, most people refer to the ability to put on muscle, structure and shape, but it is much more than that. It is also endurance. You need the genetics to endure high androgen use, high amounts of food and your joints, muscles and tendons must be able to endure training.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
My doctor has me on 200 mg a week, but only take 150 mg, as I know better. I know several guys at the gym that are on more than that, legit from their doctor. TRT clinics are not looking to get your levels to 700 where a primary care, endo or urologist will. The doctors at the TRT clinics will push you to 1100 as long as your labs come back as reasonable. Mine even said, he doesn't care if 200 mg pushes me over 1200 if my labs came back alright. My total test came back in the upper 800's, but my free test was off the charts, so even better.
Basically, I am more worried about HCT and RBC since my pulmonary embolism in 2019. Last summer, my test was at 750 on 100mg/wk. But my HCT was over 54 and my two docs (endo and hemato) freaked. I went to about 85mg and test dropped to 640, but HCT was still over 52 and they were still concerned. Giving blood hardly helped at all. I stopped test till my HCT got down to 44 but my test was at around 50. Now I've started again at 50mg/wk. I'm trying to acheive a balance.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Basically, I am more worried about HCT and RBC since my pulmonary embolism in 2019. Last summer, my test was at 750 on 100mg/wk. But my HCT was over 54 and my two docs (endo and hemato) freaked. I went to about 85mg and test dropped to 640, but HCT was still over 52 and they were still concerned. Giving blood hardly helped at all. I stopped test till my HCT got down to 44 but my test was at around 50. Now I've started again at 50mg/wk. I'm trying to acheive a balance.
Since I started getting labs done when I joined the Marine Corps, my HCT has always been 54-55 even without testosterone. It is a blessing and curse at the same time I guess. They say I am at higher risk for clots, but my cardiovascular health is true "genetic freak" level. How many guys on this planet at 5'9" 283 lbs could run 3 miles in under 25 minutes? You could probably count them on one hand and I was one of them. Even after going on a combat deployment where I never ran once, except for some sprints here and there under fire, I was running 3 miles in 23-24 minutes at 255 lbs the first week back. High red blood cell counts have their benefits.

When I have given blood in the past, my HCT was always back to the same level or higher within 2 weeks. I came off TRT last summer due to an issue with my supplier and not wanting to add anything new back in so close to the show. After 8 weeks of no test, my total test came back at 4 and free test was less than 1. My HCT was still 54.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Interesting thread

I ran 200 a week for a few years, tested at 1200 my primary care physcian freaked.

AS time goes on and data comes in things change.

Seems like everyhing else, your results will vary.

Just read an article on longevity, ie, living into 90's to 100 where they monitored folks blood for 30 years.

One thing they said cholesterol seems to be one of the biggest players, along with inflammation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic