Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Pre-Lift Routine

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Before I train.... I have a solid meal 1.5hr before with large amount of carbs. 15min before I take a redline drink (red) and I drink a bit of my half strength powerade. Than it's dynamic warm up, more of the redline, and I sip on the 1/2 strength powerade throughout the whole workout (45ounces). The night before a heavy day I shit load which means a whole pizza and whatever else I want.

I forgot to add I put screaming toast all over.... ie. adductors, abductors, hamstrings, lower back, lats, shoulders, elbows, etc.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I kinda just do whatever. Eat something have a nice relaxing drive to the gym.

But I have to blow my nose. I have this thing where I can't train with boogers.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
PoB snot bubbles are part of the thrill!!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I lift at all different hours depending on my team's schedules'..... I try to eat a bit before I lift but it doesn't matter what, or when, as long as I don't over do it.

The only important thing I have to do comes from the late Rick Hussey - poop twice.
If I train early I make sure to poop when I get up and usually once more at the gym.

I am not joking. Get that shit out before you ruin some shorts.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
^^^^ girls don't poop.

Especially prelifts.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I have become a creature of habit. Morning I make 8 eggs and 6 bacon, split with my GF, I usually get 4-5 of the eggs and 3 bacon. During the work day I have 2 salads, each with 4-6 ounces of pressure cooked chicken and Kens fat free walnut dressing and some pineapple slices. About 1500 I will do some Muscle Meds aminos then at 1545 I mix up my pre workout of the day and start drinking it. I'm at the gym by 1645, post gym head home for dinner which is whatever the family is eating. Usually a meat and oven baked fries or broccoli.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I lift at all different hours depending on my team's schedules'..... I try to eat a bit before I lift but it doesn't matter what, or when, as long as I don't over do it.

The only important thing I have to do comes from the late Rick Hussey - poop twice.
If I train early I make sure to poop when I get up and usually once more at the gym.

I am not joking. Get that shit out before you ruin some shorts.

I swear my body knows what's coming on heavy days....no matter what the daily poop schedule has been, I always have to drop trout when I get to the gym on a heavy day. The worst is when I finish up my mob work and am ready to get to work, and then boom...trip to the locker room.

My last meet I actually took a quick shit between my 2nd and 3rd pull attempts...and there was no way in hell I was washing my hands after to mess with my grip. Good thing I did, because the last one was a hell of a grinder, and I prob would have soiled myself on the platform.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
That's funny as heck, DYS....

In all seriousness, we talk to our newer lifters about this. The poop thing IS serious, but I try to avoid any sort of routine.
I don't want a PR song or a PR meal. I switch up my pre workout routine with the only limit that I eat something that probably won't make me ( here we go again) poop myself...

The reason being, when you travel for a meet you might not be able to find your brand of doughnut shop, you might not be able to get the perfect mocha chai light whip frappe with the sprinkles all pointing the same direction. There might not be a certain restaurant around, and you might get shitty music.

Don't become reliant on any of that.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I swear my body knows what's coming on heavy days....no matter what the daily poop schedule has been, I always have to drop trout when I get to the gym on a heavy day. The worst is when I finish up my mob work and am ready to get to work, and then boom...trip to the locker room
This goes for me too. I poop 3-4 times before I leave for the gym, and once or twice during my warmups.

Sundays
2 hours before
Typical breakfast with extra bowl of oatmeal if I train late morning
6" sub from Subway loaded with veggies if I train late afternoon
30 mins before
Preworkout

Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays
4 hours before
Banana, Big Protein Shake
1 hour before
Oatmeal
30 mins before
Preworkout

I'll sometimes eat some grapes, applesauce, or half banana in middle of workout as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic