Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Power Rack Recommendations?

N

NiceRackHunter

Aug 11, 2023
Hey all just starting to build a home gym and the time has come to get a nice big rack.
There are a lot of different options on Amazon and eBay from brands I've never heard of so I was wondering if someone here could suggest a sturdy, secure and reliable rack with a pull bar, preferably with a pulley attached - OR under £700 so I can splurge on a cable machine (actually that's why I got kicked of my local gym)
Thanks guys love you

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I don't have a paticular brand in mind but I'd first check places like resale shops, FB marketplace for someone selling one to possibly get a better deal. Not sure what your used options are since it sounds like you are in the UK.

N

NiceRackHunter

Aug 11, 2023
I don't have a paticular brand in mind but I'd first check places like resale shops, FB marketplace for someone selling one to possibly get a better deal. Not sure what your used options are since it sounds like you are in the UK.

Thanks so much for the advice I'll bear that in mind - happy to go used to save money. Ah yes sorry I forgot to mention I'm based in the UK !

Many thanks

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Thanks so much for the advice I'll bear that in mind - happy to go used to save money. Ah yes sorry I forgot to mention I'm based in the UK !

Many thanks
I've seen very good gym equipment at government and university surplus sites and auctions. In the UK do you have the ability to acquire government surplus. Might be worth a look.

N

NiceRackHunter

Aug 11, 2023
Thanks so much @Thrawn I'll have a look at the links, I hadn't considered university/gov surplus so will definitely look into that !

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
If you’re looking for a budget rack. Fitness reality on Amazon is a really cheap rack for home use. 2x2 only but I have bet the living hell out of it and it has been flawless and for the price you can’t beat it.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpeg
    IMG_1546.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 52
N

NiceRackHunter

Aug 11, 2023
If you’re looking for a budget rack. Fitness reality on Amazon is a really cheap rack for home use. 2x2 only but I have bet the living hell out of it and it has been flawless and for the price you can’t beat it.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll have a look into it ! Your setup looks really awesome btw, what other equipment do you have if you don't mind me asking?

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
titan equipment mostly. Leg extension/curl. Single push down cable machine. Leg press and dumbells. When we can’t get to our normal gym we use our room in basement to train.

Akira

Akira

Oct 11, 2023
If you are looking for something affordable, there is the BD-7 from Valor Fitness. It also has a lat pulldown. This is what I purchased (I paid $400 back in 2019) and setup in my third bedroom. It does the job for what I need. Rack pulls, pin presses, pulldowns, seated row (I can't do squats anymore).

Cheers!

bd-7-power-rack-w-lat-pull-station-1_314d3194-956b-4083-9f22-2c8631b160db_720x.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic