Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Post workout carbs

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
My post workout meal is always a shake. Most of the time I really just don't feel like eating right after I finish training so I do the shake thing. Then an hour later I'll eat a food meal.

crunk-flexx

crunk-flexx

Dec 30, 2010
Ive tried it all, low carbing, keto diet, anabolic diet, and to be honest with you its not what you eat after you work out its what you put in leading up to the workout. For me i set my workout at the time before I'm about to eat my fifth meal, and the only carbs are usually just vegetables. I just cycled dark matter to see if it would make any difference if i drank liquid carbs after i worked out as opposed to no carbs and I've seen no difference whatsoever. No insulin spike from food is gonna cause a drastic change in the absorption of glycogen post workout, unless you're playing with the slin pin. :D

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
I love Dark Matter, pop tarts or oatmeal with brown sugar.

As for the amount it depends on you and your meal planning already but the norm stated seems to be around 30-50 grams of carbs. I think you should eat something sugary that you enjoy especially if you eat very strictly.

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
50 grams of hydro whey and a Gatorade PWO, than a food meal an hour later I'm set.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Karbolyn or Glycojet (has karbolyn in it)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic