Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Holy shit, big session. And this log just got more interesting with the slin ~ first time using it?

If you're not familiar with Boris Sheiko's training program, check it out. Its crazy shit. It was how I was introduced to powerlifting actually. Halo and JB pressured me into doing it. And I did. And haven't looked back since.

After you get used to the slin, it should be fine for pre workout as well. Especially if using Humalog. You won't have to worry about the spikes as much as the R. I would just carry glucose tabs in my bag and keep some in my pocket and start low iu preworkout.

When I was training quads, hammies and calves on the same day, sometimes it would take up to 2 1/2 hours and I had the spikes to worry about because I was using the R.

I like to use gainer in eggwhites. I just drink it throughout the training session. Never had a problem doing it like that. I would also eat dried cranberries on the way to the gym before the inject.

You will start to see changes before to long and get ready to put on some weight.

HDH

So with humalog, it has one big peak at about 2 hours. My training can go 2.5 to 3 hours. So I'll have a pre workout snack of some graham crackers and lean protein source, inject 10iu at the gym, sip on a powerade with some protein powder in it through the workout.

Leave the gym, get home and pin 10iu. Shower up, eat a bowl of rice with some 99% ground turkey or egg whites.

Glucose tabs on hand at all times.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
So with humalog, it has one big peak at about 2 hours. My training can go 2.5 to 3 hours. So I'll have a pre workout snack of some graham crackers and lean protein source, inject 10iu at the gym, sip on a powerade with some protein powder in it through the workout.

Leave the gym, get home and pin 10iu. Shower up, eat a bowl of rice with some 99% ground turkey or egg whites.

Glucose tabs on hand at all times.

According to this chart that GS posted in the insulin forum, the highest peak is at an hour. Second highest is at 2 hours.

View attachment 5135

I don't have experience with humalog, only humilin r. I now have humalog but not using it yet so I can't tell you from experience.

The poweraid is up to you but I prefer a decent gainer because slin shuttles nutrients. So creatine, bcaa's and vitamins are good to have. I actually take my vitamins at the house before I leave for the gym. I try to take every advantage.

I'd rather just take an all in one than to buy everything separately.

I would also eat the gram crackers on the way to the gym. The first hour, the slin is constantly rising and you don't want any problems.

If going with the poweraid, I would bring an extra one in the beginning and cut back as you get comfortable. There will come a time that you go hypo so stay on your toes. Honestly, not that big a deal if you are prepared.

HDH

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I trained on Saturday instead of friday. I don't remember what I did. Squats and bench... Anyway. Sheiko won. My hips can't take the squat volume. I'm making headway in getting them loosened up again and Sheiko was ruining that. I think long term the smart thing to do would be to get off this program now.

Slin use on saturday went like this.

Package of graham crackers on way to gym for 80 carbs. Also had a pre workout (no carbs) with 5g creatine. Pin 10iu at the gym. Trained. At 45 minutes mixed up a gatorade and 2 scoops of protein and 5g creatine. Drank that until the 1.5 hour mark. Don't recall number of carbs but it was the big bottle so lots.

The pump was insane. I couldn't get my headphones out of my ears when it was time to leave the gym.

Got home and had about 50g carbs from instant oatmeal packets with 50g protein powder and 5g creatine. Pinned 15iu slin. Showered up, came down and had a ground turkey/bison mix with pasta for 30g protein and 100 carbs. At the 2.5 hour mark I got a little hypo feeling creeping up on me so I slammed down a quick can of coke.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Today's training:

Dynamic Hip Stretches and foam rolling.

Deficit Deads (on a 45)

135 x whatever... These don't count for anything really. Just to remind myself of the motor patter and to make my left shin bleed.
225 x 5, 5, 5
315 x 5, 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5, 5, 5

Upper back stuff
Facepulls x 100 reps (didn't count sets)
Average Band rows (from knee height rowed to sternum) x 100
Straight Arm pulldowns x 100

Dimmel Deads
225 x 10 x 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hams are F U C K E D lol

No slin today. Diet was not on point. I will not use insulin on days where my food intake is poor.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I trained on Saturday instead of friday. I don't remember what I did. Squats and bench... Anyway. Sheiko won. My hips can't take the squat volume. I'm making headway in getting them loosened up again and Sheiko was ruining that. I think long term the smart thing to do would be to get off this program now.

Slin use on saturday went like this.

Package of graham crackers on way to gym for 80 carbs. Also had a pre workout (no carbs) with 5g creatine. Pin 10iu at the gym. Trained. At 45 minutes mixed up a gatorade and 2 scoops of protein and 5g creatine. Drank that until the 1.5 hour mark. Don't recall number of carbs but it was the big bottle so lots.

The pump was insane. I couldn't get my headphones out of my ears when it was time to leave the gym.

Got home and had about 50g carbs from instant oatmeal packets with 50g protein powder and 5g creatine. Pinned 15iu slin. Showered up, came down and had a ground turkey/bison mix with pasta for 30g protein and 100 carbs. At the 2.5 hour mark I got a little hypo feeling creeping up on me so I slammed down a quick can of coke.

Sounds good so far. Before you know it, it'll be second nature.

HDH

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds good so far. Before you know it, it'll be second nature.

HDH

Not that hard. Eat, inject, eat some more. Doing it without gaining a bunch of fat seems to be another story. I'm over consuming carbs for sure, my stomach has gotten bigger VERY QUICKLY lol... Even my daughter (she's 5 and can talk some serious shit to people) said this weekend "um dad... I think your belly is getting real big. You need to eat more eggs and less pancakes"

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Not that hard. Eat, inject, eat some more. Doing it without gaining a bunch of fat seems to be another story. I'm over consuming carbs for sure, my stomach has gotten bigger VERY QUICKLY lol... Even my daughter (she's 5 and can talk some serious shit to people) said this weekend "um dad... I think your belly is getting real big. You need to eat more eggs and less pancakes"

Yes, I hate the bloat you can get on slin.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

I miss pancakes :)

I think it's best to start off high and make adjustments down as you go.

It's what I did and seems to be the safest route.

HDH

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Any squeadlifting today... I've got great news douche...

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Sheiko is a no human program and u HAVE to be limber and flexible as shit. looking good bro.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Glad to see you back around JB.

Superman what is your fantastic news?

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
LOL yup time to come back and play.

Who is viewing this thread?