Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Old man strength is bullshit after what age?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Like GF said one definitely slowed down the tempo. I’m employing a lot more time under tension & I keep the rest periods to a minimum. Ego lifting has been a thing of the past for many years too.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
57 this year many, many injuries including TBI, 2 brain surgeries 3 facial reconstructions and a gunshot to the groin where the round hit my femur and travelled down my left leg deep into the front of my quad.
All this to say that I kicked ass AFTER all of that until 2018-2019 when I got both shoulders done in a year and a half, I have had 4 more surgeries since then.
I am very slow to recover this time around an have 1/3 the strength of my previous lives which is fucked up as hell.
So up to early 50's for me but i DID start feeling all of the broken shit at about 45 which is exactly how many years of training I have under my belt as of this year with no plans to quit.
I still get compliments daily (from guys mostly..LOL) so I still look great but more show than go as compared to before sadly.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
57 this year many, many injuries including TBI, 2 brain surgeries 3 facial reconstructions and a gunshot to the groin where the round hit my femur and travelled down my left leg deep into the front of my quad.
All this to say that I kicked ass AFTER all of that until 2018-2019 when I got both shoulders done in a year and a half, I have had 4 more surgeries since then.
I am very slow to recover this time around an have 1/3 the strength of my previous lives which is fucked up as hell.
So up to early 50's for me but i DID start feeling all of the broken shit at about 45 which is exactly how many years of training I have under my belt as of this year with no plans to quit.
I still get compliments daily (from guys mostly..LOL) so I still look great but more show than go as compared to before sadly.
I’ve seen guys at the VA clinic who haven’t physically gone through even 1/4 of what you have and they’ve given up.
Your amount of tenacity and the need to succeed is the stuff that the younger crowd nowadays need to be exposed to as opposed to some of the boo-hoo babies they seem to flock toward.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I realized whilst I was at the gym today that anyone can write stuff but indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words. This afternoon whilst there was no one in the free weight room, I decided to do what I hate and I took a picture of myself in the mirror whilst sitting at the curling machine.
Again, I started when I was around 65 years old after being one sick puppy. At 6’1”, I weighed nearly 300# (belly fat for the most part) and my upper arms were only 11” and my waist was at 50.
Now, at 74 and a bonafide natty, I weighed 220# (today), my waist is a 33 and my arms…..well, they are no longer 11”.

Bottom line is that age is tricky but she can be beaten sometimes……
Wow 74 you look great. Much respect I started at 18 seriously and now in the 50 range hope I am in half the shape you are in when I get to my 7th decade.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Wow 74 you look great. Much respect I started at 18 seriously and now in the 50 range hope I am in half the shape you are in when I get to my 7th decade.
Thank you!
With that long of a background, I‘m certain that you’ll look twice as good as this old gent.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
I realized whilst I was at the gym today that anyone can write stuff but indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words. This afternoon whilst there was no one in the free weight room, I decided to do what I hate and I took a picture of myself in the mirror whilst sitting at the curling machine.
Again, I started when I was around 65 years old after being one sick puppy. At 6’1”, I weighed nearly 300# (belly fat for the most part) and my upper arms were only 11” and my waist was at 50.
Now, at 74 and a bonafide natty, I weighed 220# (today), my waist is a 33 and my arms…..well, they are no longer 11”.

Bottom line is that age is tricky but she can be beaten sometimes……
Just for kicks and giggles, this was me at the VA clinic just after losing about 30# in water weight and before I started on my BB journey about 9 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 57
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic