Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Ogre717 Groundhog Day Log

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ok so I figured this is the best place to sort of map out my carbon copy days here in the desert. It won’t be quite as specific as some of the other Den members impressive logs but who know what I’ll end up doing with this. I’m only trying to gain a little size in all of this. My main concern is shedding as much fat as I can and sculpting the size I already have into well shaped, hard, quality muscle. Basically I want to look and feel awesome.
Ok, so here is how Groundhog Day plays out over here for me:

Daily routine:
1945- Wake up, pre-workout drink
2010- CARDIO (ED 30 min alternating bike/ elliptical trying to maintain a fat burning HR)
2030- Weight Training until 2145’ish
CHEST/ ABS
BACK/SHOULDERS/CALVES
TRICEPS/ ABS
BICEPS/ UPPER LEGS
OFF
2200- Protein shake
2300- Meal 1: About 4-5 eggs ( military version of egg beaters) 8oz Skim milk
2330- At work until 1200 (fixing piece of crap airplanes. Lots of walking back and forth on the flight line)
0200- Meal 2: Protein Shake
0400- Meal 3: 8oz chicken breast
0600- Meal 4: Protein shake
0800- Meal 5: About 10oz lean ground beef or 5oz plain tuna
1000- Meal 6: About 4-5 eggs ( military version of egg beaters)
1230- Back at my trailer (home) maybe another protein shake if I am starving
1330- Sleep

Every day is exactly the same. The schedule never changes more than a few minutes in either direction. I try to change up my workouts every 2 weeks or so but I don’t set specific workouts because it’s a tight schedule and if there is a crowd I might not get a good training session in. I pick which machines/workouts I am going to do that day based off how I feel and what is available. As for the diet. The stuff I eat is always there, every day. There are days when they serve shitty steaks or oily ass fish or pastas, and I can always have my eggs cooked to order or throw in veggies and cheese to make it an omlet. But I am trying to see how the “Cyclic Ketogenic Diet” will work for me. Once a week I will carb up with whatever the meal-o-the day is. We rarely get a day off work here, maybe 1 day every 3-4 weeks so that wont affect my plans.

This has been the routine for 2 months now. Everything should stay the same until Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will be home the first week of Dec.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
re: Ogre717's Gay Groundhog Day Log

just realized that I never gave up my stats. About 2 months ago, when i started this plan I was 5'9" 220 lbs, 22% BF, 16" arms, 34" waist. Thats all I had measurments for at the time.

Currently 196 lbs, 14% BF 17.5" arms, 32" waist. I have gaind a good bit of size in all aspects of my muscular development while the BF has been dropping. I was just eating clean, no fried foods, meats and veggies. Last week I started my take on the Cyclo-Keto Diet. I say "my take" because im limited to what the chow hall has to offer. So far everything I have accomplished has been all-natural and will most likley remain that way due to lack loosing a few connections. I have plans for that if I make the right friends in the meantime. However, I am going to try to shred down some more with the help of some CEC/Clen. Ill post when that starts. Until further notice, I am continuing to beat my body into submission daily. I have a hard time opening doors sometime after a workout I'll be so drained. And I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! With this diet Im sure to loose weight because I never feel like I have eaten enough. Ok enough babbling. Back to work.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

today was a great workout. hit my tri's hard. did my low intensity cardio first and i was sweatin my ass off but was working with a pretty good endorphine rush. my workout partner had her short shorts on today so maybe that was it. anyways, we ripped through our workouts and whenever the tri's were starting to give out we switched over to abs for a few workouts. i may have over done it a bit on my abs because i ended up feeling really sick and had to step outside and throw up the last bottle of water i drank. after that i was back in the zone. oh, and more good news, im down 4 pounds already this week, not water weight either. its visible weight loss too cus im seeing progress in the abs.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

Couldnt seem to focus today. I was fine during my lifts but every time my partner was doing her sets i was off in la-la land. It was kinda de-motivating at the time. I dont really know why but chalked it up to carb depletion. i think this cyclo-keto diet needs some adjusting for my body and daily routein. I think instead of 6/1 i need to maybe try 4/1. anyways i am going to take some pictures tonight before bed, cold, no pump. I will try to find some pictures from before i started training again and maybe a couple from 4 years ago when i was in much better shape.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010

Another journal to check. Good job!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

took pics today. theyre not the greatest but i live in a 10'x10' room in a trailer with bad lighting. I took them cold, right before i hit the gym. i want to wait on posting them until i can find a couple of before shots. I am getting there slowly but surely. i just have to keep reminding myself that it took a while to put it on and its gonna take a while to fall back off. I hate cutting BTW. i have cut down so much in my diet and i can still put on some muscle. right now its just about priorities. i need to loose all this LAZY FAT and get back in great shape then i can increase the clean calories and let my good genetics take over. ok the Ambien is kicking in and i keep having to erase and correct my spelling so its time for bed.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010

Keep it happening bro, your drive and vision will take you where youre needing to go.

Good seeing your journal- SUBSCRIBED!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

Here are the pictures I took the other day. Completely cold, no pump. I couldnt find any decent before pics but you can imagine an additional 20 lbs of fat and much less muscle.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

There is a training syndrome, and I can't remember if its got an actual name or not. It is for types that only train what they can see. You have great pec development, fantastic calves and your quad development is great too. Arms and front delts look great. But your back and your hamstrings are waaaaaaaaay underdeveloped. Not sure if you've got a reason, but I'd say in the next 6 or 8 weeks, you need to really focus hard on your back and hamstrings.

Back needs more thickness and overall mass up top. Heavy ass deadlifts, rack pulls, T-bar rows, barbell rows, weighted wide grip chins, lat pulldowns, dumbbell rows, 1 Arm long bar rows... Do all of em. 6 rep minimum 10 rep max. Slow movements, squeeze hard and focus on the slow negative.

Hams - Romanian Deadlifts, good mornings, leg curls, Sumo squats.

Use intensity or shock techniques like drop sets, super sets, giant sets, run the rack what ever you can think of to cause maximum damage.

Do that and you'll have a killer taper to the waist and it'll show off the quads too. Beat up them hams and you'll get great separation between the quad and glute on the side and rear poses.

Good luck bro!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

Your response is exactly why I decided to put this log up and add pictures. All the people around here talk so much about working out but none of them actually know the first thing about training properly. Im not trying to be huge but being symmetrical and balanced is important. I know I have a long way to go, but this is the kind of feedback I need.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

Found pics from about 5 years ago (the last time i was lifting) and sure enough, the same things could be said for my back then too. I'll post up those pictures when i get home today.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

Worked Bi's today and i have never had this good of a pump before. Like i have said before, the majority of my exercises are done on Life Fitness machines because thats what is availabe. there are alot or free weights too but this gym is so crowded i just have to deal with it. Anyways, did preachers about 20 lbs heavier than normal but still barely got my reps completed, next was single arm full extension cable curls. this is when this ridiculos pump started. when we went to do db hammer curls my sleeves were riding up i was so pumped. a few sets of hammer grip chin ups and i was spent. and now it hurts to type this, not so bad that i think i over did it but i came close. still got a pump.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic