Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Nick Chubb's knee, football injuries

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Damn, was that the worst injury you have seen in football? Worst one in recent memory anyway.
nick-chubb.jpg

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Willis McGahee in 2003 Fiesta bowl in forth quarter still makes my stomach turn. I remember seeing that hit. Made me sick to be honest.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Theismann's leg break still haunts my brain.
A number of people involved in that play, perhaps explaining the slow reaction from the sidelines, but legendary Lawrence #56 Taylor was the main destructive force.

And it was Taylor who was first off the ground, gesturing frantically to the sidelines to speed it up. Agreed with @LITTLEMAGS ... some plays can make you sick right from the comfort of your own living room.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Chubb injured the same knee in 2015 at Georgia and that one was just as gross.

He's going to end up having that leg amputated someday after this one. He's pretty much had a grenade tossed inside the same knee twice now...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013

He's going to end up having that leg amputated someday after this one. He's pretty much had a grenade tossed inside the same knee twice now...
Can't imagine getting back in the game after a first injury like that. Guess if you're good enough to play NFL or NCAA ball you've been doing it since childhood, and it just becomes your Life?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

Yeah I recall that. I am a fairweather Bulldog fan. He made a great career after that. I actually saw there are betting lines on whether he will ever play again. I am no medical person but that looked horrific. He is worth probably $20 million so he won't hurt for $.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

He's such a great guy. Quiet, hard-working, and great example to his teammates. Just hate to see this happen to him. He had an uncanny ability of getting extra yardage after the first hit. Perhaps the best guy at it during this era. Other guys from the old days that come to mind are Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, John Riggins, and Earl Campbell.

As a lifelong Browns fan, this is just par for the course....

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Yeah I recall that. I am a fairweather Bulldog fan. He made a great career after that. I actually saw there are betting lines on whether he will ever play again. I am no medical person but that looked horrific. He is worth probably $20 million so he won't hurt for $.

He's nuts if he plays imo. Keep your cash, invest it well, and wait for that NFL pension to kick in. This picture isn't photoshopped. I wish it was. I'm no Doctor, but a leg can only take soo much devestation before you're going to lose it. He will still probably have issues for the rest of his life in that leg now...

NickChubb.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't like the results, but like the concern you show, and the picture-is-worth-1000-words documentation you include.

Yikes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic