Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

New years resolutions

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Do you have any? Not me, I will not follow through, I already have pretty good self discipline and am OK with how I am so why do more?

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I'm just glad I workout at home. This time of year I hated going to the gym with all the posers. Lol....just had to tough it out untill about February and they were all gone again.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I think it’s time to clean up the diet. After the holidays I feel like a fat ass. Not to mention I’ve missed like 8 weeks in the gym. That’s too much for me, I just feel blah.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
None. I don’t want to come off as a Donald Downer, but something about New Year’s resolutions irks the shit out of me. Maybe I don’t really understand the psychology behind it or maybe it’s just decades worth of dealing with packed gyms every January and February.

Someone wants to get healthy? Lose weight? Quit a vice? Or any number of other things…is great. But the fact people identify their resolutions well in advance of New Years and then don’t act on them immediately sets themselves up for mental failure. The reason is, if it’s really important why wait for a month or two to start doing it just because it’s a new year.

People would be better off learning to celebrate and enjoy the journey everyday rather than once a year getting excited about a destination they have yet to reach.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
New year, same shit. The "I am going to...." people converging on gyms.

The only thing I am going to change is writing '23' instead of '22' when I write a check.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I would say I'd appreciate an influx of new people (women) into the gym, but these aren't going to be fit women. I'm thinking along the lines of chronic stenchmistress of Lume Deodorant, Shannon Klingman.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
After having by-pass surgery and learning that the past 2-3 yrs. may have limited my ability to recover and make the kind of gains I could have with a healthy functioning heart, I do look forward to getting in the best shape I have been in yrs. Some of the things I plan to set in place to insure optimum performance is to cut out sugar, I have been eating way to much sugar and need to cut it out. The last of my injuries, my right shoulder, need to get an MRI to see what the main issue and get it repaired. I had the same issue with my left shoulder, had tendon repaired, and after several yrs. it is finally 100%. I don't think my rt. shoulder will take as long to heal with a better functioning heart and the use of supps. such as tumeric and collegen, plus. Last but not least is to get a full panel blood test every 3 mo. to insure my LDL/HDL levels are optimal and my hormone levels are where they need to be. Also need to get yet another sleep study and get on a CPAP mach. ASAP.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I don't usually make any, can't say that will change this year, but i'll state a few things, which may or may not qualify...

1) Just stay consistent in training and mostly eating according to plan. Nothing really more than that. I enjoy the holidays throughout the year for a few days at each one, then I get right back on to things. Taking a few weeks off from training, here and there, is harder on me now than 10-20 years ago, so staying consistent will help with this. It hurts too much after a long layoff:( A few days to a week is fine if I need to....deload of some nature, or get stuff done, but when I get to the 2+ week range and longer, it's not good, and it hurts getting back into it:eek:

2) Stay consistent on 30-60 minutes of cardio/treadmill for 5-7 days per week. At 46, heart health is my main priority, outside of not hurting myself, lol.

3) Not let my bodyweight get above 260# all year. I've been mostly 250-255 for the past 4-6 months, give or take, and I like it better. I want to take it further down and find a sweet spot where being mostly lean is the norm. No more going for size most of the year. A bump here and there is fine for a few weeks, or so, but nothing more. Moving around, sleep, and everything else is just better. I came down from, ehhh 280'ish from March/April of last year.

4) Get my last meal of the day/night down better...or more consistently. All other meals are solid, but the last meal is where I cheat the most, lol. My other thread on the forum has been helping with this, but I want to keep it more long-term.

Those are my "goals" for 2023, as it relates to the gym and training....consistency.

I need to get back on track in other areas though as well. But i'll refrain.

I'm hoping the pecker pills that @jipped genes gave me for Christmas will increase my erect penis size to 3-4" from 1-2"....so double the size. That may make my non-existent nutsack look even smaller though:(

I need to get laid too.....:)

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a New Year's resolution but last night I worked on goal setting for 2023. Financially I need to make another $76k this year to be where I want to be. I emailed the person that hired me and I'm sure she'll be absolutely thrilled if we can come up with a plan to make that happen. She would make around $20k off that so I know she'll be on board. I've never done goal setting before but the people who are where I want to be highly recommended it so I took New Year's Eve and sat at home and did it.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It’s what I started a few months ago and that’s loosing body fat and gaining muscle. When I say body fat, really leaning up and hitting stuff hard again. Really need to work whatever fat might have been put on from the holidays.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic