jacobss
What's New?

Navy Powerlifting Videos during my time with the

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is awesome!

We have the bar Dan Gribsby set the raw deadlift record with at our gym, signed by him. We have it locked up and only a few of us have the combination. Every once in a while, I will jump in and do some deadlifts with the strongman competitors using that bar. Since it is strongman, no sumo allowed. You will get laughed off the platform if you try. Haha. I did pull 657 lbs raw overhand grip a few months ago before I started contest prep at a BW of 214 lbs. Not bad for a bodybuilder who only deadlifts a couple times a year.

To be fair though, I do RDLs with 500 lbs for 6-8 reps, so it isn't like I am not used to the heavy loads. Even my conventional deadlift is similar to an RDL. Very high hip starting position.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It was an honor to have coached with you, trained with you, and been able to call you my friend.

You’re a living legend in many circles, brother.

Something y’all may not know about Halo…dude is an incredible artist. Dude would squat 800 for reps and then go home and make museum quality art.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
It was an honor to have coached with you, trained with you, and been able to call you my friend.

Something y’all may not know about Halo…dude is an incredible artist. Dude would squat 800 for reps and then go home and make museum quality art.

Man it’s so good to see this brotherhood reconnecting from the old days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
That is awesome!

We have the bar Dan Gribsby set the raw deadlift record with at our gym, signed by him. We have it locked up and only a few of us have the combination. Every once in a while, I will jump in and do some deadlifts with the strongman competitors using that bar. Since it is strongman, no sumo allowed. You will get laughed off the platform if you try. Haha. I did pull 657 lbs raw overhand grip a few months ago before I started contest prep at a BW of 214 lbs. Not bad for a bodybuilder who only deadlifts a couple times a year.

To be fair though, I do RDLs with 500 lbs for 6-8 reps, so it isn't like I am not used to the heavy loads. Even my conventional deadlift is similar to an RDL. Very high hip starting position.
That’s too cool. Definitely legit numbers especially for your weight!

Reactions: SAD
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011

You were amazing with those young leaders! Art is pretty subjective I’m glad anyone enjoys them. Thanks SAD you’re the man!

Reactions: SAD
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
It sucks how coaching ended with them. They said you have to get vax’d I said no f’ng way. I don’t care if others want to that’s their choice but I’m not. I was already retired so it didn’t impact me at all other than breaking the bond that I have with those folks. Each sport team on the campus has an officer rep. My officer rep for the powerlifting team. Was at the 19 year mark in his career and he was bucking the system and said I’m not doing it And they brought him in and ripped him to pieces and told him he wasn’t allowed to be anywhere near the kids anymore and that he was a disgrace etc. etc.. Fortunately he fought to be able to get his retirement at 20 but they ridicule then marginalized him at the end of his career. I’ve had a bunch of long talks with him and told him how much respect I have for him and how courageous it was to put so much on the line when he’s got a family and everything but he and I both have friends and family who have been permanently injured or have died from the vaccine so he definitely made the right call.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Man, I remember those vids. I bet you miss it! Always bothered me how it went sideways. The work you put in to improve the training and promote it. How quickly those in charge forget. I guarantee you those kids will always remember mentors like you! Good times, brother!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Man, I remember those vids. I bet you miss it! Always bothered me how it went sideways. The work you put in to improve the training and promote it. How quickly those in charge forget. I guarantee you those kids will always remember mentors like you! Good times, brother!
Absolutely Hawk. However I anticipated at some point that I wouldn’t be there and so my whole goal was always to get the upperclassman to understand the training, the form mentorship, and so on to the point where even if I wasn’t there the foundation that I said in place would continue on and possibly even get better overtime and that’s been the case, as far as I understand I think they went eight years without a coach before I got there, but they didn’t have equipment and they were completely disorganized prior to that

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I think I came to one of you meets near my area way back around 2013ish with my old buddy POB.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
That's really cool, bro. Thank you for sharing!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,