Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

My log: Training for a sub 3.30 marathon

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Mini I'd love to learn more about the vegan lifestyle. Could you post a thread about what types of foods fit into the vegan category? And places to find recipes?
Some of the staple foods for myself and most of the vegetarians & vegans I know would be (in no particular order)...

legumes
split and whole lentils
beans (kidney, pinto etc)
oats
muesli
oat/rice/soy/almond milk
spirulina
mixed raw nuts
a decent quality rice, hemp or pea protein
quinoa
rice
chickpeas
avocados
tofu
juicing with fruits & veges (beetroot, carrot, apple, berries, kale and citrus juice is awesome)
TVP (textured vegetable protein)
soy burgers, sausages etc
shitloads of fruit and veges, salads, greens etc.

It's actually pretty easy once you have been doing it for a while.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I tried to send you a pm on this but for some reason couldn't.
I don't want to clutter your log up but I'm curious why you chose to be a vegetarian ? Not bashing nor looking to start a debate but have a genuine curiousity

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I tried to send you a pm on this but for some reason couldn't.
I don't want to clutter your log up but I'm curious why you chose to be a vegetarian ? Not bashing nor looking to start a debate but have a genuine curiousity
No problems at all RR, I get asked quite a bit. There's a few reasons really...

** I suffered a small heart attack in 2010. Found out my cholesterol was really high and so I thought I'd try cutting meat & dairy to see if it helped (which it did).
** Was interested to see if cutting meat out would negatively affect my workouts, strength & recovery like everybody told me it would. It didn't.
** Environmental, animal cruelty reasons etc

But each to their own and I certainly don't view meat eaters any differently than vegetarians/plant-based people. I'm the only one in my family that doesn't eat milk, animal products et al, my wife and children are all carnivores haha.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Cheers WW, good to be back :food-snacking:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
file.php

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Has been a good quality week of training. Headed over to a thermal resort with the family for a few days, out for a 16km run later tonight which will bring my total for this week to around the 70km mark. Definitely getting both stronger & faster.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Nice.

And nice little write-up there. Keep us posted on how the business is doing from time to time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic