Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

MuscleAddict83's Bodybuilding Journey

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
I'm dead tonight. Talk about making not much volume killer! Tonight was bis forearms calves hamstrings and quads. I made sure that each one gave its best too! Now I'm sitting here waiting on my 9oz filet mignon. Man I love a good chunk of midwest beef!!! Anyways, now that I really got your attention, here's what I did tonight:

Preacher Curls
115x7,1,1 - stay
Pin Wheel Curls
20x4x10 - go up to 25s
Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
500x4x8,8+prf
Seated Leg Curls
15x9,4,2 - number of plates
Front Squats
275x10
Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
250x35
Seated Leg Curls
8x35
Leg Extensions
8x35
20 minutes step elliptical

SUPPS:

I made a slight change today: I started breaking up my LG Sciences M1D into 2 two pill doses instead of one large 2 pill dose. I figured that the OSTA+M1D will continue to be my morning test boost while the Vital Labs Powerdrol + M1D is my preworkout. I'm still really loving the iForce Hemavol.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Those front squats really stand out bro. Good job on all of it.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Progress

This shows what's happened to my physique since the last time I was around this heavy. Back in April of 2011, I had already been dieting for around 5 weeks for my show in August. I'm about 215 in both photos.

6081d1327459192-muscleaddicts-log-vital-labs-powerdrol-lg-sciences-m1d-cycle-aid-progression.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
pics not showing for me

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
I've been having issues with that lately, but maybe this will work better:
Progression.jpg

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
I'm really excited to see how my lats are filling in. I had a decent back before, but getting some more meat on them just completes the package!

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
STUPID WORK COMPUTER!!!

middle-finger.jpg

So, I’ve already written the majority of this once, but then Chrome locked up on me. This happens a lot on my work computer, which really pisses me off. So, from now on, I’m writing all of my posts in Word first. Anyways, I will try my best to re-cap what I had previously written:

Last night was a step in the right direction followed by a major car wreck! Something like this:

I started the night out with FLAT BENCH. After my warm-ups, I hit a personal best with 275x10,3,2!!! Absolutely stoked, I jump into STANDING MILITARY PRESSES and even though I didn’t give myself a long enough break I was still able to manage a respectable 135x12,4,2. From there, I rested a bit longer before doing my SMITH MACHINE REVERSE GRIP PRESSES. With those, I hit another PR with 225x12,4,2. For back width, I did UNDERHAND GRIP PULLDOWNS at 220x12,4,3. I couldn’t believe how light the 220 felt! My finishing move was for back thickness (BT). When doing DC in the past, I didn’t worry about heeding Dante’s advice about just doing straight sets for BT exercises. Rather, I just did them as rest pauses as well, and boy do I wish I would have listened last night!!! My first set was another PR: T-BAR ROWS 270x8. I’ve done more reps in the past, but not with strict form like these were. No momentum! Anyways, I take my breathes, get locked in and proceed to do my first rep then BAM! My lower back locks up and that’s the end of the workout! Needless to say, everything back there tightened up as the evening progressed and my major night of PRs turned into a weekend of rehab and licking my wounds.

2459020872_607513a54c.jpg

Let this be a warning to all, when doing heavy thickness exercises keep yourself to straight sets. I’ve had this type of thing happen before. I’ll need to take it easy for a couple of days, but I’ll be back to normal by Monday or Tuesday. It just sucks being in pain!

Alright time to quit being a

no-bonsai-kitten.jpg

and get some actual work done around here. At least, I just have to sit at my computer and type today!

Last edited by a moderator:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Nice job on the T-bar rows. They are a back blaster for sure.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah buddy! I'm so happy to be at a gym where I can do them. Just wish I hadn't tweeked my back!

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah hopefully! Thanks big guy!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic