Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Movements that build thicker rounder shoulders

paarke

paarke

Sep 18, 2010
I already have pretty broad shoulders but I want them to look rounder and thicker from the side view. My usual routine goes something like this.

Clean press or seat DB press 4 sets
DB lat raise 4 sets
Cable lat raise 3 sets till burn out
Rear delt DB fly

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Bro when I do my side raises I get swoled on the backs of my shoulders. Like where your tris meet your shoulder. Makes my side profile pretty damn thickness..........

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I warm up with some chicken wings before working sets.

I think gaining more size will determine more on the routine rather than just the order of excercises as long as your presses are the first or second exc.

How many reps? pyramid? rest in between? Do you do the same routine every week?

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I spent some time years ago doing rear delts first in my shoulder workouts. I particularly like lying on an incline bench and doing single arm rear delt raises with a broken wrist (don't lock your wrist). I was able to really focus on the rear delt doing all the work with these and they improved my rear delts tremendously and gave my shoulders a more overall rounder look. A lot of guys do rear delts last all the time and I think you don't hit them as hard as a result, just my 2 cents bro.

Last edited:
Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
drop sets and super sets. My shoulders do well with volume. I really dont do too much above my head either. Rear delts really round out the shoulders. I would do more than one exercise for them

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I already have pretty broad shoulders but I want them to look rounder and thicker from the side view. My usual routine goes something like this.

Clean press or seat DB press 4 sets
DB lat raise 4 sets
Cable lat raise 3 sets till burn out

Rear delt DB fly

Why do the same thing twice?
I do seated Dbell press, standing lat raises (one arm at a time (try this, you'll see/feel a difference)), rear delt on cables and that's it. My shoulders grow big quick but...that may be a genetic thing or down to training style....who knows.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
My shoulders suck ass. It's painful to do dumbbell raises. When I leave them alone my shoulders are fine at work. When I do them my shit burns all day long... And not a good burn either.

Movements sound/feel crunchy too.
Maybe I'll just surgically install real boulders in these bitches... Mix between Stone Cold and The Rock. Haha

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Also, I do rear delts, twice/week on back and shoulder days FYI, they've come in quite nice.

one day I'll do DB's and the next, I'll do cables or pec deck depending on which gym I'm at.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I just wanted to thank you for posting up something besides homely bitches...lol

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
It's genetic.you can smash them with every exercise in the book but it come down to genetics and know a days synthol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic