Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Monster Status

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Ah, two weeks away. I can't imagine trying to OHP that kind of weight. So whats the prep the week of the competition? I assume you are still on the Keto diet? Looks like the weight is still coming down while continuing to gain strength. That is real nice.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Awesome workouts woody! And 208!! Hell yeah man, that's great. Especially still being as strong as you are. Good work brother.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Awesome workouts woody! And 208!! Hell yeah man, that's great. Especially still being as strong as you are. Good work brother.

Thanks IS. Unfortunately my bathroom scale is at least 10 lbs too low, so I weigh at least 218 lbs right now.

Friday May 30, 2014

Dips
BW x 20 x 5 sets

supersetted with
Pullups
BW x 10 x 5 sets

I need to up the intensity on these. I have been doing them in shorter periods, but that doesn't seem like enough. Maybe I'll add another arm exercise (like cgbp) at the end.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Saturday May 31, 2014

1 hour Karate workout with 30 minutes of pushups, burpees, etc. and 30 minutes of sparring drills.

Strongman training. 2 hours.

Log Overhead Press
210 x 7
210 x 5
210 x 5

Car Frame Deadlifts
360 x 3
450 x 3
540 x 3

Farmer Walks with Keg Walk Medly 40' each
500 x 40' farmer walk + 250 x 40' keg walk 24.6 seconds
600 x 15 feet then I failed. I was pooped!

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Holy crap, that is a lot man. No wonder you were shattered by the end!

Whenever I think I am doing a lot of work or training hard I only really need to check in with you haha. You put a lot of us to shame Woodsy MF.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Holy crap, that is a lot man. No wonder you were shattered by the end!

Whenever I think I am doing a lot of work or training hard I only really need to check in with you haha. You put a lot of us to shame Woodsy MF.

Thanks MF. I like working hard and consistently over time. That is the only way to reach your goals, IMHO.

We measured %bf, weight and waist today and I definitely made some progress this month.

On my trainer's digital scale (which he says is spot on) I weighed 217#, whereas on my bathroom scale I weighed about 208 or so, so that is a 10# difference.
My waist was 34" even (down 1/4", which could be just a little bit of tension in my gut or breakfast it is so little difference).
My %bf was 15.5% which is the lowest I have been in 20 years. This means my LBM is about 184#.

At this rate it is going to take me another 4 months and losing another 30 lbs of weight to get to 10% bf. What I am going to do instead, is diet down to 210#, which will have me around 14%bf, then I'll do a clean bulk. Next year I'll focus on getting to 10%bf.

Like I told my trainer, I would rather face hard reality of how long and how much work it takes to get to my goals, than be dreaming and doing nothing. Getting big and shredded has been harder than I ever thought possible. Getting to 10% has seemed almost unobtainable, it is so far away still. But I am making real progress and by this time next year I should be there. Once I hit 10% my goal will then become 5%. If it takes me another two or three years to get there, that is fine by me, so long as I am making constant progress!

So originally and still, my overall goal is to be a 250lb shredded (much less than 10% bf) mass monster. It looks to me like I might get there in another 5 years if I stay on track. If I am lucky I might get there in 3 years.

Monday June 2, 2014

Log OHP
200# x 10 x 3 sets. These were accomplished in various steps of 6 reps, then rest, 4 reps, and finally 3 and 2 reps toward the end. I noticed my legs get tired and I poop out. Maybe I just need to push through and be more like an animal??? But my body just says enough and I let the weight down for a rest. . .

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Tuesday June 3, 2014

Farmer's Walks

330# (165# each hand) x 80'
430 x 80'
510 x 80'
550 x 40 + 40'
470 x 40' x 6

Ripped a callus on my right hand. Gonna have to shave the rest of my calluses down so they don't rip the day of the competition.

I really struggled with the 550# but am definitely improving.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Ole strong ass! I can't imagine farmer carrying that much weight. That's awesome woody! Sorry to hear about the callus, that always sucks. When is your comp?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'm going away for 5 days, traveling to my mother in law's funeral. I won't be on TID much while I am gone. Just want you guys to know I haven't given up on anything . . .

Ole strong ass! I can't imagine farmer carrying that much weight. That's awesome woody! Sorry to hear about the callus, that always sucks. When is your comp?

I was sore all day after. Feel a lot better today! June 4.

Monster status hell yeah....!

I'm gonna get to monster status if it's the last thing I do . . .

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Likewise, sorry to hear about that WW.

Looking forward to seeing how you go at the comp, not that long to go now. Is it your first one?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic