Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Monster Status

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Taking the balance of the week off to rest up for a Strong Man competition on Saturday!

Carbing up for the competition by eating 100g of carbs today and 50g yesterday.

Weighed in at 215# on my bathroom scale this morning! That's 220# on a normal scale.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Taking the balance of the week off to rest up for Maine's Strongest Man on Saturday!

Carbing up for the competition by eating 100g of carbs today and 50g yesterday.

Weighed in at 215# on my bathroom scale this morning! That's 220# on a normal scale.

Damn dude, your progress has been nothing short of amazing so far. From where you were to where you are now is incredible!!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I took third place at the Strongman competition Saturday. It was a solid first performance.

I'll give you guys more details later. First I have to go get my dogs from the kennel.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Congrats on the strong showing, unless it was afield of 3

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Congrats on the strong showing, unless it was afield of 3

LOL. It was a field of 4, but I smoked the guy who came in fourth.

Here are some details.

On Log cleans, I stalled at about 280, and almost failed. I was able to get the log up after a couple tries, and thought it was my last one. I had hurt my bicep on those the week before and briefly decided to stop there because I didn't want to hurt myself again. But then I thought about it for a few seconds and realized the conditions that got me hurt last time weren't there, so I decided not to quit until I actually failed an attempt. I went on to get another 2 PR's, 280 being my first, I got 290 and 300. I failed on 310.

I did not get even one deadlift with 550 on the descending deadlifts.

On Atlas Stones, I almost failed on the first one, it being 215lbs to about 60" height. I got the stone up to the edge of the platform, and couldn't get it over the edge. I tried and tried, and felt myself tiring. Some guy yelled "put your hands under the ball, reposition them so they are underneath and push up! So I did that and was able to get it onto the platform. This took about 30 seconds total. Then I got the next two without too much trouble and ran out of time.

What I learned is sometimes if you don't think you can do something, if you change your form and use the correct form, you can accomplish a lot more than you originally thought. I also learned that if you give up before you have to, you might not give yourself enough time to find the correct form.

I had a lot of guys and gals congratulating me on hanging tough and getting those weights. It was a lot of fun to have so much attention. One guy asked me how old I was. He speculated, 30? maybe 40? I said try closer to 50 . . . I am 48. He looked shocked. LOL.

Anyway, what a great time I had. I can't wait to do it again!

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
You realize you qualified for masters nationals right ? If there was no masters division offered you did anyways. It Vegas sept 18 th at the Olympia . Just saying

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Hell of a job! Your training has made you both physically and mentally tough.

You realize you qualified for masters nationals right ? If there was no masters division offered you did anyways. It Vegas sept 18 th at the Olympia . Just saying
Well, that's pretty cool too! lol

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Really? That's very cool!

Hell of a job! Your training has made you both physically and mentally tough.

Yeah, I guess so. Or maybe it's just that I'm a very stubborn person! LOL.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Monday, April 14, 2014

217# on my bathroom scale. That means I am 222# bare ass nekid on a normal scale. I weighed in fully clothed and fed for the strongman, at 230.4# and just made weight. If I had weighed any more, I would have had to strip to weigh in!

BLDL
405# x 3 x 3 sets

Romanian Deadlift (ass protruding and stressing the hamstrings)
315 x 6 x 2 sets

Feeling great!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Congrats on the competition dude!

sounds like it was fun!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic