Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kuma

Monster Dan Green workout 600lb front squat followed by 615 x 6 deadlift deficit .

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I can't understand how strongmen and powerlifters carry so much muscle mass. They don't isolate and they rarely do more than 5 reps.
There is starting to be a shift back to including more higher rep training, The Cube Method for example has you spending one week out of every three focusing on lifting for reps. Can make a considerable difference to strength, as well as creating a change in training stimuli which forces adaptation.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Dan Green is awesome btw, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't smash a few records over the next couple of years.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Dan Green is a beast!

Ms Philosophiab has amazing strength. Thank you for sharing.

M

MJR

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2012
Genetic freak. Hard worker. He did an interview said he benches and squats twice ever week. One day for weight one for volume that's crazy

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I can't understand how strongmen and powerlifters carry so much muscle mass. They don't isolate and they rarely do more than 5 reps. This definitely breaks the 6-12 rep range myth (?) for mass.

He just did 6 reps on SLDLs in the second vid, which is a great range for both myofibular and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Fuark...he did those SLDLs on a platform too. That is freakin brutal

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Genetic freak. Hard worker. He did an interview said he benches and squats twice ever week. One day for weight one for volume that's crazy

That's very common, actually. Many of the well known PLers have this same sort of set up.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I knew what he was talking about I was just kidding, I didn't know people still wore straps, lol.

I use straps all the time. (actually versa-gripps). And I have never had anyone bust my balls over it.

They are a great tool. DOH grip is far superior for development on deads. It has been shown that the underhand side lat experiences much less activation in a dead. Also it practically eliminates the danger of tearing biceps that come with mixed grip. If you can do a hook grip, then great but I just use straps in much of my training. Anything over 3 reps, I wear straps because I want to use DOH and want the equal stimulation. When I am practicing 1rm I will use mixed grip.

I am not worried about grip failure on singles as I am sure I can hold much more then I can lift for one rep. Dont let your ego get in the way of using something that can actually benefit your training. There is a time and place for many things.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Wonder how that would work for a natural lifter, I'm tempted to try something like that for a while.

M

MJR

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2012
That's very common, actually. Many of the well known PLers have this same sort of set up.

I have seen guys have a speed day and a heavy day in the same week but not a heavy day followed by a slightly lighter day for volume. Maybe geared guys might but he lifts raw as far as I know

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use straps all the time. (actually versa-gripps). And I have never had anyone bust my balls over it.

They are a great tool. DOH grip is far superior for development on deads. It has been shown that the underhand side lat experiences much less activation in a dead. Also it practically eliminates the danger of tearing biceps that come with mixed grip. If you can do a hook grip, then great but I just use straps in much of my training. Anything over 3 reps, I wear straps because I want to use DOH and want the equal stimulation. When I am practicing 1rm I will use mixed grip.

I am not worried about grip failure on singles as I am sure I can hold much more then I can lift for one rep. Dont let your ego get in the way of using something that can actually benefit your training. There is a time and place for many things.

A lot of guys wear straps. Just look at Chris Hickson. That kid is a beast and he pulls with straps. When it's time to step on the platform he has no problem pulling his single. I think he pulled 720 raw in his last meet weighing in at 250lbs.

I got the chance to train with Steve Goggins and he would wear straps in training and he pulled 880 in a meet and pulled 900 in the gym.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Dan Green with a 645 lb front squat .

Last edited by a moderator:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Dan is unreal!

I had a chance to talk to him when he was in Detroit for a seminar a few weeks ago.

He squats twice a week and front squats once a week... that's three squat/deadlift days a week on top of the two bench days. Everything is heavy and there's a pretty good amount of volume too.
Even as a geared lifter I learned a lot. I'd definitely recommend his seminar if any of you guys get a chance to go to one.

In related news, Dan is about 5'7" and 220 but legitimately wears 4xl shorts. His ass is bigger than mine and I'm 330#..... I believe that he squats 3x a week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic