TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Michael Vick = POS

Nuff said carry on.....

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Wasn't shaq also claiming 4-5% in the past? Where do they get these numbers.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
You always hear guys that have no freaking clue claim to be 3 or 4%.
Cracks me up. Best to leave the ego out of the gym.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
No NFL football player is a true 3-4%, and they shouldn't be. They get injured enough as it is, if they went that low, they would be even more injury prone. They're football players, not bodybuilders.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Plus they wouldn't have energy to finish a game at full throttle.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
It's also the idiots that breed them to be human aggressive like drug dealers, breed them to fight without breeding out the human aggressive trait (not great lines) and just plain train them to be mean as ****, it happens. I don't know if the dog would choose to fight if it had a choice but they do choose to defend themselves.
Exactly. Pit bulls do attack people because any white trash male, any gang banger etc will only own one breed of dog and that's a pit bull. I don't know about your champion lines, but I know there are a ton of crap bag bloodlines bred by generations of low IQ humans... Well lets put it this way, imagine a mid 20s guy in a wife beater and sagging pants walking his dog down the street. What kind of dog is on the end of the leash? A pit bull Every Single Time!!

And for those of you that disagree, I challenge you to find me 2 non photoshopped pic of the sagging pants/wife beater guy walking anything but a pit bull.

Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Exactly. Pit bulls do attack people because any white trash male, any gang banger etc will only own one breed of dog and that's a pit bull. I don't know about your champion lines, but I know there are a ton of crap bag bloodlines bred by generations of low IQ humans... Well lets put it this way, imagine a mid 20s guy in a wife beater and sagging pants walking his dog down the street. What kind of dog is on the end of the leash? A pit bull Every Single Time!!

It's interesting that you can identify an APBT by sight when several veterinarians testified during the ontario BSL that such was not possible. Originally APBTs that were bred to fight were bred to not be human aggressive as they had to live in the house as a pet with the families. Any lines can be bred for specific traits regardless of breed. Rarely do I see the APBTs of old though, not outside of show events. My dogs were therapy dogs and weight pullers, as the UKC puts it "The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work."

I've seen lab crosses get called APBTs, I've seen bite stats to show APBTs are far from the top of the list. I don't like to stereotype as I can't speak for hypothetical people but a bad dog is due to a bad owner regardless of breed. APBTs are known for their friendly disposition to humans so for them to bite means something wrong is happening there be it bad breeding, owner stupidity, bite victom stupidity or usually all 3. I hate seeing when an APBT (medium breed dog) looks like a large breed it shows that there are just bad ppl out there. I've seen gang bangers with dobi's and rotti's as well tho.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
It's interesting that you can identify an APBT by sight when several veterinarians testified during the ontario BSL that such was not possible.
It might be somewhat interesting to know if there is any truth to that statement... If I cared. But the fact is I can ID the breed of dog by the human that's on the other end of the leash. That class of human will buy no other breed of dog... Maybe a Rot in some other states, but here... They will buy what is sold to them as a pit bull only. If its a pit but by your standards (something you are clearly an expert in) or not I don't know... Nor do I care. I do know I've seen ONE dog bite in the ER that wasn't inflicted by a pit bull, plenty that were (one guy got his balls ripped open by his own dog), and if I ever see one on my property it's going to get multiple bullets in it.

Oh and as far as those "bite stats" go, something pit bull people seem to not bring up is the severity of those bites. Last I was told Dalmatians bite more people. I've actually been bitten by a Dalmatian... It didn't even break the skin, in comparison to the little girl from my wife's home town who got her face ripped off by the neighbor's pit bull last year. I'd take 100s of those Dalmatian bites over that.

Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
It might be somewhat interesting to know if there is any truth to that statement... If I cared. But the fact is I can ID the breed of dog by the human that's on the other end of the leash. That class of human will buy no other breed of dog... Maybe a Rot in some other states, but here... They will buy what is sold to them as a pit bull only. If its a pit but by your standards (something you are clearly an expert in) or not I don't know... Nor do I care. I do know I've seen ONE dog bite in the ER that wasn't inflicted by a pit bull, plenty that were (one guy got his balls ripped open by his own dog), and if I ever see one on my property it's going to get multiple bullets in it.

I'm sure you were not verifying the breed but rather treating the injury, crosses can look like APBTs, and are often sold as such as do other breeds, if the dog ain't papered there is no real way to verify. I hope you are equally willing to shoot labs as they have the highest reported bite stats. The media likes to perpetuate the stereotype rather than the reality and stupid people eat it up. Not all APBT's are bad, their nature is to not be human aggressive just as not all white or black ppl are bad. Am I an expert, no, I owned 2, I trained them and showed them, but an expert I am far from. I just know passing judgement based on perceived breed alone is stupid. http://www.nokillnow.com/PitbullFindIT.html

There maybe a correlation between losers in your area and APBTs (or dogs which look similar) but that doesn't mean you can blindly make assumptions, atleast not if you wish to be a rational person.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I hope you are equally willing to shoot labs as they have the highest reported bite stats.

NN do you have some article I can check out to see these stats? The only reason Labs would have the highest reported bite stats is because they are consistently the most popular dog breed in the US.

I have had around 7 Labs or golden retrievers, a rottie, and a few smaller breeds throughout my life. NONE of them have ever bitten anyone or even growled at anyone who wasn't a threat.

A friend of mine has a beautiful APBT and he is just as nice and loving with children as my Labs are.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic