Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Macebell Training

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I recently picked up a light Macebell to check out. My shoulder mobility has gone to shit after sitting around doing pretty much nothing for so long due to my back and hip issues.
Did some research on Macebell training before I got one and surprisingly this thing has a lot of benefits. So far I've only been doing 360s and trying to master the move and be fluid with it but I've noticed quite a bit more mobility in my shoulders since working with it.

It also challenges the grip, upper back, arms and core strength. The core is challenged as it acts as a key stabilizing link between upper and lower body. The 360 moves require you to lock in the core while your swinging the mace around you in a controlled manner.

I never really thought of swinging this thing as a full body workout but the more I do it and the better I get at it the more I feel everything working. This thing helps open and strengthen your hips in ways we don't normally do. It can benefit spinal extension and rotation and can help strengthen the transverse abdominals all in one exercise.

As I gotten older I've been looking into different ways of training besides just slinging weights around. Lifting is still my favorite but swinging this thing is total new experience and getting to like it more and more. Definitely has helped my shoulder mobility. Its a great tool for us older guys that have lost some mobility and flexibility after years of just strength training.

Be interested in hearing anyone else's experience with macebells.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I recently picked up a light Macebell to check out. My shoulder mobility has gone to shit after sitting around doing pretty much nothing for so long due to my back and hip issues.
Did some research on Macebell training before I got one and surprisingly this thing has a lot of benefits. So far I've only been doing 360s and trying to master the move and be fluid with it but I've noticed quite a bit more mobility in my shoulders since working with it.

It also challenges the grip, upper back, arms and core strength. The core is challenged as it acts as a key stabilizing link between upper and lower body. The 360 moves require you to lock in the core while your swinging the mace around you in a controlled manner.

I never really thought of swinging this thing as a full body workout but the more I do it and the better I get at it the more I feel everything working. This thing helps open and strengthen your hips in ways we don't normally do. It can benefit spinal extension and rotation and can help strengthen the transverse abdominals all in one exercise.

As I gotten older I've been looking into different ways of training besides just slinging weights around. Lifting is still my favorite but swinging this thing is total new experience and getting to like it more and more. Definitely has helped my shoulder mobility. Its a great tool for us older guys that have lost some mobility and flexibility after years of just strength training.

Be interested in hearing anyone else's experience with macebells.
Dude when are you starting LARPing.
I haven't used it. Your feedback and conclusions are logical. Only thing I can offer is I suspect a wrong swing could cause major issues and/or worsen a preexisting joint esp ball and socket. Oh collateral damage to walls and organics.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Dude when are you starting LARPing.
I haven't used it. Your feedback and conclusions are logical. Only thing I can offer is I suspect a wrong swing could cause major issues and/or worsen a preexisting joint esp ball and socket. Oh collateral damage to walls and organics.
HAHA, not really into LARPing.

I started out with the lightest macebell (5lb) available as I was concerned about the same thing. Started out with some real basic moves just swinging it back and forth and from side to side and worked my way up to the 360 swing. Now that its become a fluid movement I'll work on incorporating some more swings with actual movement into the mix and to make it even more full body training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic