Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Low TSH

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
My last TSH came back at 0.71. It's within the reference range, but at the very bottom. Test was for yearly physical and didn't include free T3/T4. I'll be getting those checked when ordering my own labs later this month.

I haven't had issues in the past and am pretty sure the cause was over dieting.

Is it possible to boost without shutting down? Maybe something like generic Armour or supplements?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was prescribed Armour after my show this last summer. I took it even though I knew my thyroid was smashed from prep and would rebound in a couple weeks after introducing foods back in. It was only a bandaid. As soon as I came off the Armour I was back a the same level and just had to rebound naturally. Basically, just wasted a bunch of money. I took 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine 3x a day and was back at like 3.1 in a couple weeks.

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
I was prescribed Armour after my show this last summer. I took it even though I knew my thyroid was smashed from prep and would rebound in a couple weeks after introducing foods back in. It was only a bandaid. As soon as I came off the Armour I was back a the same level and just had to rebound naturally. Basically, just wasted a bunch of money. I took 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine 3x a day and was back at like 3.1 in a couple weeks.

Do you stop the L-Tyrosine after getting back in range?

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I took 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine 3x a day and was back at like 3.1 in a couple weeks.

Smart, tyrosine not often thought of ;)

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
My last TSH came back at 0.71. It's within the reference range, but at the very bottom. Test was for yearly physical and didn't include free T3/T4. I'll be getting those checked when ordering my own labs later this month.

I haven't had issues in the past and am pretty sure the cause was over dieting.

Is it possible to boost without shutting down? Maybe something like generic Armour or supplements?
Don't assume low TSH = low fT3/fT4 until you get those measured. Are you taking any suppl T3 or T4?

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
Don't assume low TSH = low fT3/fT4 until you get those measured. Are you taking any suppl T3 or T4?

Not on anything right now. I had been doing some intermittent fasting and a few 72 hour fasts before test. Last fast was around 2 weeks prior to draw. I'll be getting more comprehensive tests later this month.

The one issue I've been having recently, which may or may not be thyroid related is fingernails cracking/splitting at the tips.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Not on anything right now. I had been doing some intermittent fasting and a few 72 hour fasts before test. Last fast was around 2 weeks prior to draw. I'll be getting more comprehensive tests later this month.

The one issue I've been having recently, which may or may not be thyroid related is fingernails cracking/splitting at the tips.
Might try a good collagen protein suppl.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic