Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Terrible!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
This was a bad situation in my area. I talked with my buddy who associates with Elite Edge and their trainers and the issue was he did not have spotters, which I don't think spotters would have saved him anyway. The victim lost the bar in part to using a thumbless grip (suicide grip) and the J Hooks on the Rouge bench were much deeper so when he lifted off, I think he was fully extended to get it over the J hooks and lost it at the top. He never stood a chance.

As for the facility, it is centered around group training, boot camps and etc. My friend and I were talking how the liability falls pertaining to that. Is the trainer supervising responsible for all of those in his group. If so, should he have had spotters or spotted himself. Its a bad deal no matter how you look at it. This type of issue could be the type of landmark case that sets the tone for potential litigation against trainers (personally) or facilities similar in set up.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
really unfortunate. becareful fellas.

rip to this kid and his family.

Narkissos

Narkissos

Aug 12, 2011
This is heartbreaking... And scary (from a business perspective, as a trainer).

Truly curious to see how this unfolds.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Wtf that's insane.. terrible way to die

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I wonder if he had any connection to the Clinton foundation.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
So sad, but it's ironic timing as my buddy who just blew both his knees in a meet in Des Moines a few months ago had to back off training obviously. So, his bench partner was benching alone two weeks ago at a crappy commercial gym instead of my friends studio using a thumbless grip and dropped 440 on his chest. He broke six ribs and three of thouse in half!

Issue again, was inexperienced spotting, thumbless grip and let's bot forget the elephant in the room...ego. :(

Hawk

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Thats real sad . Freak accidents can happen and do happen every day in the world . Its so sad to see a good kid killed like this .
Thats a sad lose for a mother and father and family and community

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
The bar should fall on the chest not on the neck. Cause of of that J Hook on the rouge bank... ve to Google that

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
thats is terrible... and if we continue to see cases like this grow insurance rates will go up for gyms and the only thing we will have left is a smith machine like Planet Fitness... be careful guys!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic