Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Lets keep this civil....lol

L

Lou0178

Dec 2, 2013
I am a nonbeliever but one of my most strongly held beliefs is that religious freedom is one of the most important civil rights. So while I don't believe in a higher being, I support other people's right to believe what they choose.
I don't support them when they think they have the right to legislate their beliefs. As many do.

L

Lou0178

Dec 2, 2013
That's a directive directly from Jesus Himself. :D

Well as for the leprechauns, pixies n fairies a quick peek in the mirror will prove their existence. So I guess you will be crackin that Bible open now??:D

I have always thought the same, Imgine the changes Churches could make if they gave up their tax exempt staus and got involved. Me personally, I don't care what a man makes, if he can pull down 100k or 100 mil a year God Bless him

I'm a Believer, been too many miracles in my world not to believe
Please elaborate, so I can believe also.

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
I believe in God and JC but I respect all of you that don't, or have other beliefs. And.........."That's all I got to say about that"
-Forest Gump

I believe Jesus died for Mankind sins, and he is the son of the Living God.....but love and respect others who don't believe. "That is all I got to say about that"

Brodel154

Brodel154

MuscleHead
Jul 3, 2011
If everyone's their own God how does that account for all the people getting their heads lopped off now? I mean if they were their own God wouldn't they just speaketh the bad guy awayeth? Or smiteth the bad guy with a lop to his own melon? If I were a God I sure wouldn't be sittin here at this keyboard watchin the stupid clock tickin ....:D DOOH!!!

I think you're taking the word "god" too literal. God is not a being or person. That would be the Creator.

And if a so called "god" really existed, why do some of the most devout Christians die unexpectedly? Why hasn't their praying kept them safe?

I normally wouldn't ask condescending questions like that. Just kind of making a mockery of yours.

It it would probably blow your mind what I believe and you'd think I was crazy. But, I also feel the same about any organized religion that prays to some higher being.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I ve seen a lot of things that point torwards God and some that point away. I am a believer but in the end its all Faith. With Faith no explanation is necessary. Without, no explanation will suffice.

As Mike RN said: Treat others as you would have them treat you.

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I am a nonbeliever but one of my most strongly held beliefs is that religious freedom is one of the most important civil rights. So while I don't believe in a higher being, I support other people's right to believe what they choose.

I am the same way. Well said.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I think you're taking the word "god" too literal. God is not a being or person. That would be the Creator.

And if a so called "god" really existed, why do some of the most devout Christians die unexpectedly? Why hasn't their praying kept them safe?

I normally wouldn't ask condescending questions like that. Just kind of making a mockery of yours.

It it would probably blow your mind what I believe and you'd think I was crazy. But, I also feel the same about any organized religion that prays to some higher being.

1st : Definition of God or god :Websters = noun \ˈgäd also ˈgȯd\ God : the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe
: a spirit or being that has great power, strength, knowledge, etc., and that can affect nature and the lives of people : one of various spirits or beings worshipped in some religions
: a person and especially a man who is greatly loved or admired
Full Definition of GOD
1capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind

2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

3: a person or thing of supreme value

4: a powerful ruler

Doesn't sound condescending, sounds like a valid question , like mine. Don't know how or why you would take it personal . It was a valid question as was yours. I don't even see the mocking in your statement. I actually agree 100% on ''organized religion''. Believe me , I wouldn't think you're crazy at all, to each his own BUT we should ALL remember this has to go both ways.
As for the second part of your statement. I would have a problem with the ''Christian'' that called himself good. Genesis explains why we 'die' and the Old Testament explains in detail just about every scenario of death and murder etc you could think of. In The Christian Faith we know and accept we will all die. Difference is we know it's not the end for us. I think this is what REALLY angers atheists. In their minds theyr'e meat for the worms and it really pisses them off we know we aren't.
Now whether one decides to believe it or not is up to the individual. The New Testament explains the details of free choice and free will. Again if you believe it great if not it's your choice. Jesus Himself did not force it upon anyone, He left it up to the person

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

I did clown around a little with the smiting and speaketh, just lightening up the convo. Sorry if it offended your senses Brodel

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Someone told me once, believing in Jesus Christ just takes too much faith. Meanwhile, he believes that, against the very foundation of science, that order came out of chaos, and a living cell was miraculously created. That billions of random stuff all combined at the perfect time, under perfect conditions, and life was created. Science even tells us, that cannot happen; that chaos cannot create order. So, is my faith really THAT crazy? BTW, science must also be observed. Anything else is a theory, and we know, those theories change a LOT.

An example someone gave once. Say I would to tell you that a tornado blew through junk yard and when that tornado got the the other side, a shiny red corvette was created from it. That's basically the big bang THEORY, isn't it? oh, it cannot be proven either. It's faith

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Just for debate sake, those are easily answered questions. God does not keep us safe any longer, nor does He punish us. We were given free will, freed from our sins, freed by Jesus Christ. Some Christians don't quite understand prayer and what they should be "asking" of God. It is about our salvation in to heaven, about being at the side of Christ, and when we pray, we simply ask that He be with us, and in our faith, keep us strong until the day we are next to Him.

My interpretation of the Bible is not that I should ask Him for things. I don't ask Him for food, I don't ask Him to keep me safe. I give THANKS for those things.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic