Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

LeBron back to Cleveland

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Did someone say Football's about to start???

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
LeBron coming home wasn't just about basketball, that's clear because as it stands now, the Cavs are not Championship ready and the Heat were closer. The Cavs will get Kevin Love but they will not give up Wiggins for him that's on fairly good sources. We will see if that changes but Minnesota doesn't want to overplay their hand. Waiters, a first round pick, Bennett (last years #1) is incredible talent and potential.

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
As a LeBron fan, i dont understand him at times. Go home? Go home when you retire you idiot...smh.

You don't understand why he is going home. It's about raising his kids in Akron and Cleveland, it's about mentoring the kids in Akron and young players on the Cavs. It's about being with the friends and family he grew up with and giving them an opportunity to see him play. As LeBron said, this return home was more than the game of basketball. He learned a lot about being in Miami and part of what he learned was the importance if going back home and making an impact on the city and surrounding areas. This was a legendary move, it was epic...Cleveland was on life support and LeBron has given the city and Akron life. It's the LeBron effect and it's real.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You don't understand why he is going home. It's about raising his kids in Akron and Cleveland, it's about mentoring the kids in Akron and young players on the Cavs. It's about being with the friends and family he grew up with and giving them an opportunity to see him play. As LeBron said, this return home was more than the game of basketball. He learned a lot about being in Miami and part of what he learned was the importance if going back home and making an impact on the city and surrounding areas. This was a legendary move, it was epic...Cleveland was on life support and LeBron has given the city and Akron life. It's the LeBron effect and it's real.
im gonna be harsh even as a huge LeBron fan. He left Cleveland because they couldnt win a championship. Now Miami loses last month and he is pissed so he says fukk it i will go back to Cleveland. If he dont win he bails. All the mentoring and raising kids is a bullshit front, he is cautious to how he is percieved and keepin the criticism to a minimum by using the excuses i just mentioned. He dont want to be villified again, so he says the kids and mentoring blah blah blah, of course no one will argue against the kids, see how that works? Just my opinion.

spraynpray

spraynpray

Jun 28, 2012
im gonna be harsh even as a huge LeBron fan. He left Cleveland because they couldnt win a championship. Now Miami loses last month and he is pissed so he says fukk it i will go back to Cleveland. If he dont win he bails. All the mentoring and raising kids is a bullshit front, he is cautious to how he is percieved and keepin the criticism to a minimum by using the excuses i just mentioned. He dont want to be villified again, so he says the kids and mentoring blah blah blah, of course no one will argue against the kids, see how that works? Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Pierce to the Wizards! Not a bad addition to the Wiz, although losing Ariza I think was a pretty big hit!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Paul pierce?? Sheesh Labron back ? Is the world ending ? Lol

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
^ Haha for sure an interesting off season!! N damn Luol Deng just signed with the Heat -_-; was hoping they'd be in the bottom of the East but East sucks so much they'll probably still somehow make playoffs

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

This is correct. Lebron is going to make a billion dollars no matter where he goes. His endorsements are the same regardless of which market he plays in. When he brings back to Cleveland the first championship in over 50 years he'll go down as the biggest hero in Cleveland history. Plus, playing in Cleveland is more meaningful to players than in Miami.

In Cleveland, you still have blue collar guys saving up their money to go see a ballgame, and they cheer for you whether you're in first place or not. In Miami, half the seats are empty becauuse the various multi millionaires who have all the tickets didn't have the time to make it to the game, and even when they're at the game, it's to be seen rather than to actually watch the game as a fan.

The players see that, and it's more fun to play among the fans who live and breath their team. That's what Cleveland fans do for their teams. Not many markets more devout... maybe Green Bay for football.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic