Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Lagging Chest, help needed

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Tons of good advice here from all these guys, try to incorporate all of it when you can

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
One of the main problems I have seen when guys can't develope their chest is they don't know "HOW" to train chest.....in other words it's their form!! When you first get down to do chest make sure your back shoulder blades touch and bring down kind of like you are trying to put your shoulder blades into your back pockets. Once you have them back and down lay down on the bench or whatever it is and you'll notice your chest is higher than your front delts putting the majority of stress on your chest no matter what chest exercise you do.

WHen you just lay down to do chest if you don't pull back/tuck your shoulder blades, when you are pushing up the chest concaves and you are pushing with your front delts and triceps, so very little work get's done for you chest, hence no growth!!

Also when you are benching whether with dumbells or barbell (after you have pulled back your shoulder blades and tucked them down keeping them through out the whole movement) think like you are pushing away from a wall when you are pushin the weights up for some reason you feel the stress even more on the chest.

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
One of the main problems I have seen when guys can't develope their chest is they don't know "HOW" to train chest.....in other words it's their form!! When you first get down to do chest make sure your back shoulder blades touch and bring down kind of like you are trying to put your shoulder blades into your back pockets. Once you have them back and down lay down on the bench or whatever it is and you'll notice your chest is higher than your front delts putting the majority of stress on your chest no matter what chest exercise you do.

Also when you are benching whether with dumbells or barbell (after you have pulled back your shoulder blades and tucked them down keeping them through out the whole movement) think like you are pushing away from a wall when you are pushin the weights up for some reason you feel the stress even more on the chest.

^^^^ Good Stuff! Deff pull back those shoulder blades

B

Biggorilla22

Feb 12, 2013
yes, go to failure (max effort) once a month at least.
another good exercise i NEVER leave out is db laying behind the head..
great for brawding

Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
Proper form has helped me big time.

Pull those shoulders back. Even on flys and dips.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic