Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
I try to watch my diet, so the only time I eat bread is when I eat BLT sandwiches.

keeps the grease off my fingers.

Last edited:
J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I would stay away from bread. Unless it's like Ezekiel bread. Ezekiel bread is the most natural, organic, whole grain bread you will ever eat.

Food For Life | Home of the world famous organic sprouted whole grain foods!

The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

1. They are excessively starchy.
2. They are practically devoid of natural fiber.
3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.
4. Grains are fumigated..
5. They are "enriched" with synthetic vitamins.
5. Bleaching chemicals are used.
6. Artificial colorings and flavorings are used.
7. They are nutritionally imbalanced.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead. Eat brown rice/oatmeal if you need your carbs.

Refined Grains

Nice reply. Go Dawgs!!!!!

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Any processed grain is not good for you. You're body breaks grain down to its simplist form, sugar. Eating any processed grain is like eating sugar. .

Azog

Azog

Sep 9, 2012
people have commented on the smell when I cook the meat and even when I re heat it. It tastes a bit stronger, is super lean and is very cheap to buy. It's been said it's very high in iron and to not eat it every day, even though I did for months on end when I was 18 or so...

Where do you find the horse meat? I have never seen it here in Cali... I would really like to try some.

K

KingDubbz

Mar 7, 2012
Avoid whole wheat bread with the first ingredient being enriched flour.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
As long as you're following your calories and macros while dieting, the amount of impact a high GI carb will have on your progress is almost 0. When you budget your macros, you're giving ONLY what your body needs. As weight lifters, we tend to eat way more protein than what we actually need, and we keep our healthy fats a bit high too. With so many calories being consumed in the form of fats and protein, the idea that eating bread at such low to moderate carb intake and having it cause fat retention is actually quite unrealistic.

The biggest thing you should be concerned about is simply how your GI system handles certain foods. If you eat a lot of bread and it messes your stomach up, then decrease or stop eating it. Simple as that. Eat more GI friendly foods then, like potatoes, rice, etc, and get your fiber from Metamucilspyllium and more natural, non-leafy sources.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
As long as you're following your calories and macros while dieting, the amount of impact a high GI carb will have on your progress is almost 0. When you budget your macros, you're giving ONLY what your body needs. As weight lifters, we tend to eat way more protein than what we actually need, and we keep our healthy fats a bit high too. With so many calories being consumed in the form of fats and protein, the idea that eating bread at such low to moderate carb intake and having it cause fat retention is actually quite unrealistic.

The biggest thing you should be concerned about is simply how your GI system handles certain foods. If you eat a lot of bread and it messes your stomach up, then decrease or stop eating it. Simple as that. Eat more GI friendly foods then, like potatoes, rice, etc, and get your fiber from Metamucilspyllium and more natural, non-leafy sources.

Agreed 100%. Good to see you over here!

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Eating a caloric surplus causes the body to store fat. I ate bread often while cutting fifty five pounds over the span of five and a half months.

I totally agree with both of the above statements. Eat bread if you like it and it doesn't mess up your stomach. Watch your macros and overall calories. And eat what kind of bread you enjoy eating. Hell have your sandwich on a kaiser roll and then take a vitamin and drink some fiber if you want all the health benefits of cardboard tasting bread.

S

shagmastuh

Jul 21, 2013
LMAO!!! You mention bread and the place goes nuts!!!! I feel that when it comes to chips and bread, there is no real "healthy" choice in a striated diet. Pick your poison, I have lighter weighs of indulgence when it comes to bread and chips, but when its time to shred, gotta say no to bread. I choose yams when I'm strict on the plan, great carbs, provides good energy, and it helps keep my appetite suppressed. I do have a few good bread recipes I'd be willing to share, that is if SJA is willing to share... the man is a genius!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
LMAO!!! You mention bread and the place goes nuts!!

That's because some of us are trying to get these myths off the boards and once we do, we will start seeing more and more people being successful at dieting.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I eat a breakfast bagel 3-4 times a week and a hoagie sandwich 1-2x a week and I can see my abs.
I don't even "diet", either.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic