Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

hypo from dbol

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
it is very important for me to dose simple sugars with my oral intake and then again preworkout. I assume you aren't cutting on dbol so this shouldn't be a problem.

Also, from what I understand, the increase in adrenaline and insulin during a hypoglycemic like state cause a a decrease in plasma Potassium levels, also known as Hypokalemia. I'm sure most of you have heard of the sodium potassium pump that regulates many functions within the body. An influx of electrolytes and sodium should cause the potassium being pulled to the cellular level to return to the plasma to help balance this out. This is why drinks such as Gatorade are so popular with athletes and the like for hydration. They are helping to balance out those levels so they can continue to perform at a high level without their body telling them to "take it easy." This is explained in very layman terms and I'm sure Dr. Jim can extrapolate or fix any issues with this. I'm simply stating that ever since I've know this I flood my body with electrolytes and a bit of sodium before a workout and have benefitted from it ever since. I no longer feel hypo ever, whereas I used to on a pretty regular basis.
what are your thoughts on drinks like Gatorade during your workout?

Not to get off topic too much, but yesterday i ate a shit load of Milky Way bite sized candies, whole bag actually, and drank a half a bottle ofTropicana pink lemonade ( full bottle is 59 fl oz) while i was at work, then went to the gym and had a good workout, never feeling fatigued or drained, even had a good pump going. Im not saying all that sugar helped me, but what would be going on consuming all that sugar hours before you workout? Can you or Dr Jim eloborate on that? Thanks.

Last edited:
Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
what are your thoughts on drinks like Gatorade during your workout?

Not to get off topic too much, but yesterday i ate a shit load of Milky Way bite sized candies, whole bag actually, and drank a half a bottle ofTropicana pink lemonade ( full bottle is 59 fl oz) while i was at work, then went to the gym and had a good workout, never feeling fatigued or drained, even had a good pump going. Im not saying all that sugar helped me, but what would be going on consuming all that sugar hours before you workout? Can you or Dr Jim eloborate on that? Thanks.

Myself and a few other buddies have been using sour patch kids as a preworkout for years! lol...it's true! SImple sugars spike insulin levels, so I assume that would aid in the weightlifting arena... but be careful because if you consume these simple sugars too close to a workout it can have the opposite effect. Eat your sugar (can be fruit) an hour or more before you lift to be safe.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
How exactly would dbol affect blood sugar?

Are we sure it is not something else? Either some kind of placebo effect or contaminant in the filler or something....

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
How exactly would dbol affect blood sugar?

Are we sure it is not something else? Either some kind of placebo effect or contaminant in the filler or something....

There ^^^^^^^ ya go!

GS I just noticed your earlier post about the sodium/potassium ATPase pump. It's relatively esoteric so I'll try to KISS. The "pump" is present in almost every cell because it provides energy for other cellular functions. It also creates an appropriate osmotic environment giving the cell "form". The pump uses ATP to maintain an relative "ionic gradient" by ensuring more potassium is inside the cell than outside.

This gradient then becomes much like a battery for many other cellular functions such as transmembrane active transport, enzymatic reactions, etc. You really don't want to normalize this gradient, because should that occur critical cellular functions cease and YOU DIE (No shit)
Regs
jim

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic