Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Husband and wife team!!!

969C1

Feb 18, 2024
Just starting off by saying hello to everyone. Also, thank you to all that have posted on this forum, my wife and I have both been reading for several months to learn as much as possible.
A quick intro, we are both turning 54 this year. We have raised our family, and now even have grand kids. Now, it is our time to focus on ourselves.
We both have been very active in the gym since our late 30's. My wife had a battle with breast cancer, which took a good 4 years of our lives to fight it, which at this point, she has been cleared now for 5 years. I love her still to death, even as we age.
We are both adults, so sharing on here with others what path we have taken, there is nothing to hide. Plus, we both will also be looking for suggestions and continuing educating ourselves.
What we have loved here, is the amount of women who were willing to disclose there cycles, which is very hard to find. We have also seen couples detail what their own cycles are, recommend certain suggestions as to what their wives have been running.
We both have started our own cycles starting in late October, for our very first time. And yes, with some recommendations, I have gone thought Teletest to get proper blood work done to check our levels.
So at this point, I will leave it at here as an intro before going into detail of what we are running.
Not sure where to post our next Thread, as the Female Body Building section has been very helpful for her. Although allot of males have had very good input in there also, so maybe I could just do a post of what we are doing together as one???
Thanks again and looking forward!

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to TID! You will find a lot of knowledgeable people here.
Very happy to hear your wife is winning the fight against the nasty “c” word! Congratulations on that!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Welcome.
I am assuming your wife's breast cancer was not hormone driven?

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Welcome to TID!

Great introduction.
Good to hear your wife is doing well. I am a cancer survivor as well (lung).
There are plenty of intelligent woman and men on our forum that can help "guide" you.
Enjoy!

969C1

Feb 18, 2024
Welcome.
I am assuming your wife's breast cancer was not hormone driven?
It was a screw up by the lab that did her mammogram. She had some dimpling on the side of her left breast. After the mammogram, they said everything was fine. Two years later, the dimpling got worse. Back for another mammogram. Again, first call from the doctor, it was cleared. A day later, another call came in and wanted to redo the mammogram. Turns out, she had tiny clusters that were spread out in her left breast. The original report was that the tech review the film and just called them film flaws. When they were re reviewed by another tech, he said to have it redone and see if they show again. Well, they did. We had a an oncologist that was ranked in the top 5 in the world. He removed her breast and 9 out of 16 lymphoids were diseased. After the surgery, the doctor had her reexamined a week post. He was so confident in the work that he no longer needed to be concerned. She still had to receive 8 runs of chemo and 33 sessions of radiation. Her cancer was estrogen fed and she has been on tamoxifen now for 6 years at 20mg a day. She has already had the reconstructive surgery and is doing awesome. She is in full remission.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Welcome to both of you!

969C1

Feb 18, 2024
Welcome to TID!

Great introduction.
Good to hear your wife is doing well. I am a cancer survivor as well (lung).
There are plenty of intelligent woman and men on our forum that can help "guide" you.
Enjoy!
Good to hear!
And thanks for the welcome!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic