Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

How to fix this?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Smashed my finger at the gym a few days ago. I figured the nail bed would die and the broken part would fall off....NOPE...

It's been a few days and it's still pink. It would hurt like hell if I try and rip it off.. Or it catches on something and rips off. man that'll suck.

Don't really feel like going to a DR. for a broken nail. Or feel like getting needles shoved under it to numb it.

Should I super glue it?

I've read mixing baking soda and superglue makes a good nail concret. Also the paper that Tea bags are made of with super glue is like a thin fiberglass layer.

20170327_213707_zpsjo84c62m.jpg

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Honestly you should just but a Band-Aid on it and tape it up; either buddy style (taped to the finger next to it) or just build up a little bulk dressing so it stops banging on shit. If you have access to dermabond, glue it like "nail polish" or buy a tube of crazy glue and dab it over the whole nail.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
You'll most likely loose that nail. It'll grow back. Nothing but time will take care of it. Keep it clean. I have smashed finger nails with hammers and such, it hurts like a bitch and I tried to save the nails each time and failed. Keep it clean though. Good luck.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Super glue, is one of my secret weapons. I'm a guitar man, it's held a many of nails on over the years.. Not just my idea, but has worked for lots of hardcore string benders....

***Put on your red dress baby.
Cuz honey,,, we going out tonight.**

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well I ended up cutting up a Tea Bag to cover most the nail and super glued it on. Worked great so far. Wish I would have done this sooner. Just about feels normal again.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I'm sure that you fingernail is going to fall off . It sould take many months to grow back . Maybe 8

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I'm sure that you fingernail is going to fall off . It sould take many months to grow back . Maybe 8

Ya I'm sure it will, I hope it just doesn't affect my Meet in June.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
He said teabag....

Looks like it did the trick.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
First
Im going to need you to wipe the sand from your vagina .........

seriously though a messed up nail is a bitch when its cracked. I shut my thumb in my trunk once and lost the nail .I actually drilled through it myself with a dremmel though to relieve the pressure

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
First
Im going to need you to wipe the sand from your vagina .........

seriously though a messed up nail is a bitch when its cracked. I shut my thumb in my trunk once and lost the nail .I actually drilled through it myself with a dremmel though to relieve the pressure

It's split in two, not a crack...:)

lol, not sure how to react to that. Just trying to limp it along so I can cont. to train and peak for a meet. Plus I work in a Prison so having something to cover it. To stay clean is a good thing.

I've been Stabbed, Choked, Bitten and Poop/piss thrown on me. Plus countless cell extractions. Been an Officer for 16yrs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic