Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

How often do you get blood work done?

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Apart from getting blood work down pre and post cycle, just wondering how soon into a cycle you get blood work done and how often during the cycle to make sure all is going fine?

Thanks.

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
Get blood done pre cycle to know your natty levels only really need to get bloods done during cycle mid way to monitor liver values imo! then a month to 6 weeks post cycle to validate recovery! Unless your experiencing sides while on! Then prolly a bit late but atleast your awhare! and need to know how to combat them!

I'd like to see some input on the during cycle part fellas! if gearI say mid way if GH I say serum test same day as first pin any complaints on this view?

In an Ideal world every month would be better to monitor Liver values IMO but can rack up quick!

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Every three months is a good idea. Minimum is 6 months if you are running continuously.

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
just curious would that not coinside with what my opinion was? Just asking possibly a bit less on my suggestion though considering most people run 12 weeks? I dont know?

Bottom line is yes test your bloods learn how to read them make adjustments as required!

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
The liver is god IMO one needs to take into thought orals as well this makes a huge diff in when and why to test values! If they run past 6 weeks they need to be looked at! Then decisions can be made based on results!

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
I unfortunately have to get my blood checked monthly due to my iron disorder... but before that I was doing it at least 3-4 times per year.... I felt it necessary being on year round.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I get mine done pre cycle for a base line. I also like to have one done 6-8 weeks into a cycle as this will let me know if anything is starting to go wrong before I see sides (eg: liver values starting to creep out of normal) then I can do something about it before it becomes an issue. Also means I can see exactly what is causing sides (wether it be prolactin or something else) and this way I know exactly how MY body reacts with AAS and what ancillaries I should be using (liv 52, an AI, etc). I also get it done about 4-6 weeks after PCT.

M

Miker

Jun 11, 2011
Get mine done before I start a cycle, about 2 months into my cycle and about 3 months after.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Do you just go to a doctor? What happens when they see the results?

Are you just honest with the doc and tell them why you want it checked?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but obviously I've never had mine checked. I don't even have a doctor, I'd have to get the phone book out.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I go to my local doctors, they're absolutely hopeless unless you want a prescription, certificate or blood tests - anything that they'd actually have to work for they're hopeless at but I got my pre-cycle bloods done by just saying I want a 'baseline for my health to compare things too' and he had no problem with this, I even got him to cover LH and a few other things they aren't meant to put on a general blood test without any problems. The next Dr wouldn't give me one, so I just said I had done steroids, he just looked up "Reandron 1000" in his medical program and it came up with a list of things testosterone can commonly cause and whatnot and he just gave me whatever tests I wanted after that, no judgement or anything like that at all. I don't even bother seeing the Dr to get the results back, I just call ahead and tell reception I just need to pickup my results and don't need to see a Dr and they hand them to me without any problems then I come home and self-diagnose. Don't be afraid to tell the Dr, especially if your not at your regular Dr.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Yeah,I have blood work done every month now. When I was younger I had it done every 12 weeks. But the fact that I'm a type 1 diabetic that uses testosterone has caused my doctor to request that we keep a close eye on everything. Once in a blue I get sick to my stomach and throw up for days on end. I get ketones and my potassium level drops slightly. Last few times I was hospitalized for it they gave me potas. for 2 days to get it back to normal. Ever since then I get labs once a month. But every 8-12 wks. should be fine for the average healthy person.

I go to my local doctors, they're absolutely hopeless unless you want a prescription, certificate or blood tests - anything that they'd actually have to work for they're hopeless at but I got my pre-cycle bloods done by just saying I want a 'baseline for my health to compare things too' and he had no problem with this, I even got him to cover LH and a few other things they aren't meant to put on a general blood test without any problems. The next Dr wouldn't give me one, so I just said I had done steroids, he just looked up "Reandron 1000" in his medical program and it came up with a list of things testosterone can commonly cause and whatnot and he just gave me whatever tests I wanted after that, no judgement or anything like that at all. I don't even bother seeing the Dr to get the results back, I just call ahead and tell reception I just need to pickup my results and don't need to see a Dr and they hand them to me without any problems then I come home and self-diagnose. Don't be afraid to tell the Dr, especially if your not at your regular Dr.

Absolutely! I tell all my doctors everything I'm on. I actually just started seeing a new primary doctor about 4-5 months ago. I told her when I started my cycle,she saw me gain 30-40 lbs very abruptly. Then had me tested and my Testosterone level was 2,281! You know what she did.....she wrote me a script for Testim gel. I know I'll get injections outa' her,but I just agreed and took the gel,happily! She can justify giving it to me to my insurance company because I was honest and thats the
biggest thing with doctors. If your honest and you put yourself in their hands and listen to the advice they give almost always you will get much further with your doctor. They don't like to be underminded. Why go see the doctor if your not going to do what they say is how they see it. They have a point.

Last edited:
BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I get bloodwork done 1 time per year with my physical & then again 6 months later... yes, my doc knows that I am on AAS.

When I was in my early 20's using AAS & drinking at bars 3 times per week, I never got my blood work done... very stupid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic