Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How much can you dumbbell row?

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
During my last workout I did 54 kg (which is 120 pounds) for 6 reps, as it stands now I can load up a dumbbell to 66 kg (which is 145 pounds)

I'm thinking that maybe I'll have to buy some 20 kg plates for my dumbbells, coz then I'll be able to load up a db with 102 kg (which is 225 pounds) ... of
course pertaining I continue to get stronger.

honestly who cares? I bet someone will pick apart your row and say you were upright, swung it, or didnt go slow enough on the the descending and last time i checked APF doesnt have a class for DB rows. Its all relative to what your goal is, what position your in, and how correct your form is. Moral of the story, its like asking a chick how many guys she slept with, youll never get an accurate answer.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
50lbs but I like laying face down on and incline bench with 20s and pull back with both arms. Feels so good and I like the added thickness in my mid back and last.

i like when your face down on an incline bench too....sorry thats all i read. lol

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
We have some beasts in here, especially TG and Jenner? I haven't tried going above 120's. they were tough for me more in the forearm strength area. Gotta work on that.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
honestly who cares? I bet someone will pick apart your row and say you were upright, swung it, or didnt go slow enough on the the descending and last time i checked APF doesnt have a class for DB rows. Its all relative to what your goal is, what position your in, and how correct your form is. Moral of the story, its like asking a chick how many guys she slept with, youll never get an accurate answer.

I have to agree with this. I know we have some real beasts in here, and I don't doubt people can move some serious weight, but this is spot on. It's not something quite as easy to judge as a proper bench press.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I have to agree with this. I know we have some real beasts in here, and I don't doubt people can move some serious weight, but this is spot on. It's not something quite as easy to judge as a proper bench press.

Yeah after reading cromans response, it's as accurate as it gets. But I am still sure, some of you beastly. Mfer's can hit the 120's with good strict form and controlled contractions but I start sacrificing some contraction Tim when I get into the 100's, form gets a little wacky too after a few pumps. Goals are definitely what's important, as with everything else. I alternate heavy db rows with cable iso rows fame very other week right now. It's been great. Really get a huge squeeze with the cables and decent weight

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
105 x 5 i believe is my best

with strict slow form I would say about 90 is my top. Once I get to 95 I start losing a bit of form .

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
The most I've done was 150 for 6-7 reps. My form is much better with 130 for maybe 10-11 reps.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I did kroc row 162 x 25 the other day. lats sore as hell.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
A couple years ago I was using 100's then reinjured an umbilical hernia. Since then I do DB rows later in my routine and go lighter. I've adjusted to keep my back parallel with the floor, use lower weight, tight abs, squeeze at the top, and higher reps are better for me at my age.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
This is what I was getting at but Im glad people see there could be a huge variation in what is truly considered a proper DB row.

For EX you have DB row from the floor- if you have not done it try this- youll be on fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWBCW8V_U0&list=PLD1E788DDF52ED5EA

Then you have this which is probably similar to alot of guys form ( not everyone) who move heavy weight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwwy5Z1QTXI

Then you have this guy doing 265lb db rows please fastforward to 1:30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6ZOFMj5IQ

notice the difference in body movement, angle, and exertion compared to meadows DB row?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic