Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How many people here are prepared to ride out a disaster/economic crash, food, etc.?

S

southernhound

Mar 3, 2013
Just curious, how many guys/gals here could see the stores and supermarkets close/get looted for a month or two and have enough to eat for, say, 3 to 6 months? I mean basics, dried rice, beans, protein powder, water? Batteries, cooking oil, ammo? The bottom line is it's pretty easy and cheap to have a basic level of preparation, nothing fancy. Following from the Ron Paul website. Better safe than sorry.

--------
FROM DAILYPAUL
http://www.dailypaul.com/255983/for-just-a-couple-hundred-bucks-i-am-prepared-what-a-feeling

For just a couple hundred bucks, I am prepared, what a feeling!

Submitted by Sue4theBillofrights

in

Daily Paul Liberty Forum
DP Original

Small bonus came through from work which I decided to use to address my preparedness situation in case of social chaos resulting from the banksters and Federal Reserve hijinks: sudden hyperinflation, stock market crash, panic. The first thing to understand is that if and when it happens, it happens fast. Supermarket shelves are stripped in three hours. They'll be gone in the time you take to drive there.

I got five 20-pound bags of rice, a quarter of that in beans, and big boxes of powdered milk to complete the protein and nutrient. Then cleaned out the sardines shelf, big can of cooking oil, and another 50 bucks in sundries, iodized salt, spices, few big cans of coffee (which will always be oh--so-tradable for barter. Always.)

I was surprised to see, as ordinarily a day to day, hand to mouth shopper, that the huge bags of rice now come in sturdy, thick gauge plastic. As long as they remain sealed they are airtight, and I don't have a mouse problem so I think, stowed high and dry, they are okay against vermin. Anyone with a different take please jump in.

I've been saving my empty plastic gallon jugs and now have them filled with tap water. I'll stop when I have maybe 50.

I could have done a lot with that money, but the peace of mind I am feeling is remarkable. It's not much, but I won't starve for a while, and I have small caliber weapons to mount a basic defense against intruders, first shot over the head perhaps and after that they have been warned. I live in a metropolitan area, not the sticks, so there are always a lot of people around. Next I will get a good dog. Man is nothing without a dog; they can hear what you cannot hear long before you can, and sound alarm.

In accepting responsibility and pondering the nature of crisis, I got to thinking it's not just me, but how I would feel seeing dear friends starving and being able to do nothing to help. That was too much. I would be nothing without my friends who over the years were always there for me. Now I am in a position, in certain situations, to be a giver.

My sister lived through the Los Angeles riots, at an inner-city L.A. college in the thick of it. The way it works is, for weeks, you cannot go outside your apartment. It's just too dangerous. Throughout the day and night you are listening to random gunfire. The stores aren't open anyway. That was just one part of one city. For real social breakdown multiply that times hundreds.

Henry Kissinger, may he go to hell, once said "You control people with food." Were every one of us to take responsibility and cease pushing the nagging worry to the back of our minds, and bite the bullet and prepare right now, think of what power the banksters lose over us. I won't be boarding any trains or herded to any camps just for the promise of something to eat. They will have to take me by force, and I have already decided I will go down shooting.

I know they will kill me, but I might score a hit or two. For when it happens, people usually go of their own accord, for something to eat. If we can all ride out six months to a year no matter what happens, loyal elements will eventually arrest the bankers and the most corrupt politicians, start restoring sanity, and beg Ron Paul to stand for president in a special election.

Absent mass preparation, our greatest enemy is each other. You will do anything to get your kids a bite to eat. We will turn into animals. Unless. Unless. Do not put it off one more day. If in writing this I have persuaded five people to stop procrastinating, it was worth the time.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Re: How many guys here are prepared to ride out a disaster/economic crash, food, etc.?

Maybe I should buy some astronaut food. But seriously, no I'm not prepared. The gubment has been effective at keeping my ADD mind off those things. I need to have at least 30 days of rations. Good info.

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
People don't realize how quickly things go to shit. My wife and I collect food and medical supplies as a hobby... camping stuff too, just in case. Its pretty fun when you get into it.

S

southernhound

Mar 3, 2013
The average for most people is they could go like 2 weeks with what's in the kitchen before you are eating the last can of pumpkin pie filling for dinner. People assume that something will always be open but if you've ever seen a run on the stores its scary how fast shelves are stripped bare. If there is chaos outside then delivery trucks won't come in because idiots are shooting at them and putting holes in their trucks. I like to know that me and my family can hunker down for at least 2 months without setting foot outside the house. Anyone roaming around my property gets shot, it's that simple.

When it all blows over we'll sort it out. But first you gotta survive whatever happens, and nowadays that could be anything.

S

southernhound

Mar 3, 2013
People don't realize how quickly things go to shit. My wife and I collect food and medical supplies as a hobby... camping stuff too, just in case. Its pretty fun when you get into it.

Don't forget a camp stove and lots of propane. You need something to cook all those beans with.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
How many guys here are prepared to ride out a disaster/economic crash, food, et

We have a small back up. Think horribly of me but it is survival of the fittest and I wouldn't think twice of taking someone else's stuff if I had to in order to survive.
Living where I live I don't think that would ever be an issue to much wildlife around.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I have ways of feeding my self with what the good lord put on this earth for me to eat. I'm a hunter.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
I don't know about you folks, but if I had to I would eat a human being if there was no other food, cuz like RR said it's survival of the fittest!!

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I have a few hundo rounds of 5.56/.223 ammo, 2nd award rifle expert in the Marines, and some 9mm rounds for my xd-9. My next meal is the next person that crosses my path. My pops told me burning humans smells like chicken.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I enjoy reloading ammo as a hobby for 2.23 350rem mag, 45acp, 454cas ... and such. lol

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Biggest thing besides ammo n weapons is ...'water' fill your tub and everything you can asap, invest in a good ceramic water filter. Food can be found , clean drinking water is the killer. burnin humans smell like copper:p , probably the one that that dont smell or taste like chicken!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic