jacobss
What's New?

How many other lies?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
He had two or three riding his nuts here but most of us seen through his BS pretty quick.

Brother, in regard to the calorie debate, I agree with him (and McGuyver et al). I STRONGLY disagree with your stance. I don't think he spreads BS at all. There is always going to be a difference of opinion on various subjects, which is what these forums are all about. Discourse, heated or not, is how we all learn. Sometimes there is a point where differences of opinion are just going to have to accept each other's stances on issues. I've been in so many of these calorie debates, artificial sweetener debates, protein debates, carb debates, etc, low/high dose debates, etc....I just try to stay out of them to be honest.

Now how discourse is presented is another issue. I believe he is at fault for losing his cool on the matter, does not mean I dislike him, or that he was the only one. This same thing can happen in 'nutrition' debates just like it can to all topics (ie political) when heads get heated.

He is a definite asset to the forum. We need guys like him, but we also need guys with experience (not saying he doesn't have that either). Now does he lose his cool sometimes, yes. Should he improve on it, yes. He's been able to improve on it at other forums, such as Professional Muscle. The guy is super smart, just like many others.

There needs to be a level of civility on all threads, some heated discussion is fine, but taking a thread about calories and making it personal is not really a good way to go. Now my disclaimer is that i'd be a hypocrite if I stated i'd never done the same, so I am included in the statement above.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Nah bro its just calories in calories out remember?
Yeah, the whole convoluted CICO term has a mishmash of comprehension among its advocates.
It’s absolute nonsense when literally interpreted.
In a lab, the “energy” measure (joules) of calories have some continuity — Translated to human ingestion (metabolic processes) however, a CICO loses its lab context almost entirely. Biological factors clearly differentiate types of calories. In this regard, a calorie is NOT merely a calorie.CICO is a misnomer if/when simply taken at face value.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Brother, in regard to the calorie debate, I agree with him (and McGuyver et al). I STRONGLY disagree with your stance. I don't think he spreads BS at all. There is always going to be a difference of opinion on various subjects, which is what these forums are all about. Discourse, heated or not, is how we all learn. Sometimes there is a point where differences of opinion are just going to have to accept each other's stances on issues. I've been in so many of these calorie debates, artificial sweetener debates, protein debates, carb debates, etc, low/high dose debates, etc....I just try to stay out of them to be honest.

Now how discourse is presented is another issue. I believe he is at fault for losing his cool on the matter, does not mean I dislike him, or that he was the only one. This same thing can happen in 'nutrition' debates just like it can to all topics (ie political) when heads get heated.

He is a definite asset to the forum. We need guys like him, but we also need guys with experience (not saying he doesn't have that either). Now does he lose his cool sometimes, yes. Should he improve on it, yes. He's been able to improve on it at other forums, such as Professional Muscle. The guy is super smart, just like many others.

There needs to be a level of civility on all threads, some heated discussion is fine, but taking a thread about calories and making it personal is not really a good way to go. Now my disclaimer is that i'd be a hypocrite if I stated i'd never done the same, so I am included in the statement above.
Well, we will have to agree to disagree about him. I personally think he is a condescending, arrogant prick. But hey, I guess we need those to stir up shit sometimes for post counts. So I get it. I'm also guilty of getting pissed but I rarely start the shit talking.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah, the whole convoluted CICO term has a mishmash of comprehension among its advocates.
It’s absolute nonsense when literally interpreted.
In a lab, the “energy” measure (joules) of calories have some continuity — Translated to human ingestion (metabolic processes) however, a CICO loses its lab context almost entirely. Biological factors clearly differentiate types of calories. In this regard, a calorie is NOT merely a calorie.CICO is a misnomer if/when simply taken at face value.
Why is this such a hard concept for some to understand? We all know some people who can eat whatever they want and stay lean and jacked. We all know someone who gets fat if they eat 1 lettuce leaf and drink warm water. (only a small exaggeration) I think anyone on the calorie is a calorie side at this point has to be doing it simply to be argumentative. Its the only reasonable explanation.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

Agree, he is super smart and also agree, I do not think he is wrong. A few months ago, I would have thought he was wrong, but I took different approach to carbs and carb loading during this prep and it completely transformed my physique and performance in the gym. Never could get below 8% BF on no carbs, blasted right through it when I added carbs back in around training (75 grams pre, 25 grams intra, 75 grams post) and had one high carb day a week (750 grams). Started dropping 1% a week after I did that.

Now for his attitude and demeanor, not great. However, there are some others on here who love to throw gasoline on that fire and are almost as bad.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Agree, he is super smart and also agree, I do not think he is wrong. A few months ago, I would have thought he was wrong, but I took different approach to carbs and carb loading during this prep and it completely transformed my physique and performance in the gym. Never could get below 8% BF on no carbs, blasted right through it when I added carbs back in around training (75 grams pre, 25 grams intra, 75 grams post) and had one high carb day a week (750 grams). Started dropping 1% a week after I did that.

Now for his attitude and demeanor, not great. However, there are some others on here who love to throw gasoline on that fire and are almost as bad.
No doubt carbs are a tool (a drug really) useful for specific goals such as bodybuilding.
They are however, not health promoting (for the overwhelming part). And let’s be blunt about them — The vast majority by far of carb consumption by the masses are junk (processed, unnatural) sources that serve more than anything, as promotion of disease.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Far too lengthy and boring for most, but serves as more input on the subject of carbs.
A professor, former athlete (70 marathons and ultramarathons) and scientist.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I never spent much time on PM. The banners and ads are ridiculously over-the-top. I just visited and felt better after I uBlock'ed the hell out of it. So much cleaner.

1687142460353.png

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic