Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How do you talk to your man about bodybuilding?

H

Hypertrophy3

Jul 8, 2014
1) take him to a bodybuilding show.
2) remind him what squats will do for your ass.
3) explain to him that the hormonal changes that come with weight lifting will make you want to have sex more often.
I like this^^^^^^^^ Seira, you need to make him understand that this is especially important to you. It's a huge part of your life, and should be a part of his also. Do not change who you are sweetie, ever. I told my wife that I'd be a BBer till I'm in the dirt when we first met over 28years ago. She's seen me prepare for show after show after show, and guess what? We're still standing!! Three children and our second grandchild on the way, I think it's safe to say that you can convince your boyfriend that this is YOU. Don't ever give up what you truly love for anyone because if you do and for some reason it doesn't work out, you'll regret it for the rest of your life! Life is just way too damn short, trust me! Don't live with regrets, like "I should have done it years ago!" That's no way to live. Think about it hun, if he truly loves you, and I'm sure he does, he'll understand! I wish you all the best! -- H3

H3

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Step 1. Leave him
Step 2. Achieve gains
Step 3. Find man who loves you and supports you unconditionally

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
pffff...seriously??...Telling a man is easy... telling a WOMAN is the hard part... all you need to do is give him some "lovin" and while he is still smiling afterward be like "If you dont like it...leave"... I assure you the conversation will end in your favor... unless your man is like myself or HA... and it will go somthing like.. "B!$% this is MY HOUSE! GTFO!... but before you leave load the dishwasher!"

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
pffff...seriously??...Telling a man is easy... telling a WOMAN is the hard part... all you need to do is give him some "lovin" and while he is still smiling afterward be like "If you dont like it...leave"... I assure you the conversation will end in your favor... unless your man is like myself or HA... and it will go somthing like.. "B!$% this is MY HOUSE! GTFO!... but before you leave load the dishwasher!"

Last part made me laugh.

To the OP, it's a fine line that a lot of us dance on frequently. My gf (whom I live with) watched me put on 30lbs to the point that my bloat (I called it a bulk) was unattractive to her. Now, I couldve done two things (mind you I'm not a BB'r, but I like to lift heavy weights).

I couldve said the hell with you, this is what I want to do and I don't care who thinks otherwise. You're married so it's a little different.

My second option was to seek a happy medium so that I could still be bigger than the standard but not out of breath after tying my shoes. So we spoke about brief usage which she's still not happy about and when we fight, she's called me a cheater but nonetheless....I dialed down the bulking compounds and I maintain a decent physique all while still able to compete in PL'ing this fall.

All in all, my weight now is about 20-25lbs less than I was. When she met me, I was 15lbs lighter than I am now....so I found the happy medium and it hasn't been a real concerning issue for about 9 months now. She knows when I pin and why I do it......she understood it makes me happy and that's when I started getting a little more support rather than nothing but resistance.

And inevitably, sex got better also because there was no more hiding.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Last part made me laugh.

To the OP, it's a fine line that a lot of us dance on frequently. My gf (whom I live with) watched me put on 30lbs to the point that my bloat (I called it a bulk) was unattractive to her. Now, I couldve done two things (mind you I'm not a BB'r, but I like to lift heavy weights).

I couldve said the hell with you, this is what I want to do and I don't care who thinks otherwise. You're married so it's a little different.

My second option was to seek a happy medium so that I could still be bigger than the standard but not out of breath after tying my shoes. So we spoke about brief usage which she's still not happy about and when we fight, she's called me a cheater but nonetheless....I dialed down the bulking compounds and I maintain a decent physique all while still able to compete in PL'ing this fall.

All in all, my weight now is about 20-25lbs less than I was. When she met me, I was 15lbs lighter than I am now....so I found the happy medium and it hasn't been a real concerning issue for about 9 months now. She knows when I pin and why I do it......she understood it makes me happy and that's when I started getting a little more support rather than nothing but resistance.

And inevitably, sex got better also because there was no more hiding.

I am satisfied with being reasonably happy most of the time in a long term relationship with a person who reluctantly tolerates my bodybuilding quirks, even if she doesn't jump up and down and shout "Hooray" over those quirks and the thought of me being addicted to illegal drugs to support it. In fact I can't imagine throwing her out after 21 years of marriage just because she does not unconditionally support me without hesitation in this regard.

If anything I am extremely grateful that she has been able to put up with me.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I am satisfied with being reasonably happy most of the time in a long term relationship with a person who reluctantly tolerates my bodybuilding quirks, even if she doesn't jump up and down and shout "Hooray" over those quirks and the thought of me being addicted to illegal drugs to support it. In fact I can't imagine throwing her out after 21 years of marriage just because she does not unconditionally support me without hesitation in this regard.

If anything I am extremely grateful that she has been able to put up with me.

I think it is definitely a different comparison with someone that's married versus a "partner" for sure. But the concern from the partner that doesn't understand the lifestyle, still remains universal and their concerns are completely valid.....however ultimately relies upon communication and delivery. Can they "tolerate" instead of "hate"? Most can tolerate in moderation, I think it's the extreme cases that raise more eyebrows.

For the OP, I've seen plenty of lop sided relationships where one of the two people are out of shape and the other person is on stage competing. I think for her, it will be something that she needs to openly and effectively communicate her goals and ambitions. He may never work out (not sure if he does now or not) and be totally content with that.

See here's the thing. We're all narcissists and we all give a shit about what we look like. We're materialistic, superficial at times and we feed off glamour....Most folks outside of the Iron world don't give a shit about what their partner looks like because they love THAT person, not what they look like. We're all a different breed and convincing the other side of that fence isn't always easy because they'll love that person no matter what (hopefully).

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
.See here's the thing. We're all narcissists and we all give a shit about what we look like. We're materialistic, superficial at times and we feed off glamour....Most folks outside of the Iron world don't give a shit about what their partner looks like because they love THAT person, not what they look like. We're all a different breed and convincing the other side of that fence isn't always easy because they'll love that person no matter what (hopefully).

This basically sums it up for me. My husband isn't into the BB lifestyle, and you know what I could really careless. Because in the grand scheme of what IS important in a marriage, that his desire to lift weights ranks low for me. As long as he loves me fat, skinny, or jacked, is a great father, great provider, lover, and everything else that makes a marriage last.

To answer the OP question, Simply, I don't have in depth convos with the hubby about BBing. We spend so much of our time doing, and talking about things like work, kids, our future upcoming vacations, etc, etc. As long as our husbands love us, and support us then nothing else really matters

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
You can't control him with your vagina? Kidding

just tell him this is what your new hobby is.....if he doesn't get on board it might be time to drop him.....cold hard truth....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic