Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How am I growing on T3?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Interestingly enough I recently started taking 12.5 mcg at bed time and noticed a lot more energy and fullness.
The caveat is that I had a throidectomy in 2005 and have been on T4 since then. So I have plenty of thyroid in me. However many people have a conversation problem of T4 as it has to be taken on an empty stomach hours before a meal. The doc switched me to tirosint which is a gel cap vs the tablet and I feel a ton better on it.
T 4 probably is not an option for those that have a thyroid as it can be quite suppressive.
Another thing on the T4, most people are not taking enough vitamin A. Increase the vitamin A to 2400 mcg 3x a day and T4 to T3 conversion improves. At least that is what Dr. Serrano told me.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Another thing on the T4, most people are not taking enough vitamin A. Increase the vitamin A to 2400 mcg 3x a day and T4 to T3 conversion improves. At least that is what Dr. Serrano told me.
Whenever I have a hard question I know I could always depend on @genetic freak knowledge base to answer it or at least get me in the ballpark. I've been tempted to message him with made up shit just to see if I can stump him.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Whenever I have a hard question I know I could always depend on @genetic freak knowledge base to answer it or at least get me in the ballpark. I've been tempted to message him with made up shit just to see if I can stump him.
I am just a sucker for knowledge. Instead of watching television and listening to music when doing cardio or lifting, I am listening to Podcasts from the brilliant minds in our sport. Sometimes I have to listen to the same Podcast several times, because I am not smart enough to pick up what they are throwing down. However, if I ram my head against the wall long enough, I will eventually make it through. Haha.

a-bomb83

a-bomb83

Jan 9, 2024
Less training is more, sometimes. I read about a BB found working his calves (extremely) and then stopping would create growth and it only worked for his calves. If you are not taking pharma T3 what could be in it?
That’s what was thinking. If he was training 5-6 days before and backed down to 3, maybe recovery wasn’t the greatest, now with 3 days he’s fully recovering and growing.

a-bomb83

a-bomb83

Jan 9, 2024
I am just a sucker for knowledge. Instead of watching television and listening to music when doing cardio or lifting, I am listening to Podcasts from the brilliant minds in our sport. Sometimes I have to listen to the same Podcast several times, because I am not smart enough to pick up what they are throwing down. However, if I ram my head against the wall long enough, I will eventually make it through. Haha.
I feel that way about vigorous Steve. Every episode is like “I think I should rewind that”

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I feel that way about vigorous Steve. Every episode is like “I think I should rewind that”
Yeah, you need to really pay attention with Steve. That isn't one to be doing meal prep or anything distracting while watching.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
As far as training, if I am ever having a bad day, I will cut the weight and reduce the tempo and it seems to supercharge me.

A few months ago, I did about 6 weeks of super slow training. In addition to slowing down the negative tempo, I did the same for positive and I exploded in growth (as for me anyway at 50 and 30 years plus training - gains come slow.) Things tempered off at seven weeks probably due to mental fatigue and body wanting a change.

a-bomb83

a-bomb83

Jan 9, 2024
Yeah, you need to really pay attention with Steve. That isn't one to be doing meal prep or anything distracting while watching.
Which is exactly how I listen lol. I deliver beer for a living, so with one earbud in, I’m in my own little world listening to him. I almost feel like I blackout sometimes because I’m somehow slinging beer, but listening intently lol.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
If the scale is not going up, how do you know you are gaining muscle? When I am prepping (like right now), I look bigger at 7% BF than I do at 10% BF, because my muscles are more pronounced. Cuts are much deeper. It doesn't mean I gained muscle. It means I lost fat, hiding my muscle. The second I have a high carb day and fill back out, it looks like I gained 25 lbs of tissue. When I do that at 10% BF I just look more vascular, not better or bigger.
You definitely have me second guessing now. Haha. I haven’t been able to train properly in awhile and now that I am my muscles are definitely fuller. And maybe my memory is off, which wouldn’t be surprising at all. Lol. Could be my back has been this big looking before but it’s just been awhile. I’ve always had trouble getting good back pics on my phone so don’t have a lot to compare but I’ll look. Should be able to see if chest grew. And lats from front. I’ll go thru my phone pics this weekend and let you know what I think. Definitely agree about recovery has always been shit because I don’t get enough sleep. Maybe less is more for me. I dropped the T3 and increased my test to 500mg per week so should be interesting.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Looking at my avi pic here. My lats are definitely bigger. I’ll try to get a good pic this weekend too. Post up a before or biggest before and now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic