Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How am I growing on T3?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
T3 absolutely destroys my sleep. I go from a solid 7-8 hours to 5-6 hours in just a few days of using it.

A lot of people have a hard time growing their legs. This is not a shot at you, but just what I observe in general. People just don't know how to train legs properly. I get asked at least once a week, how I grew my quads and hamstrings. Usually my response is, don't do whatever they are doing. Haha. Same with biceps, triceps and delts. Don't ask me about chest, it sucks. Don't ask me about back, you will get hurt if you try and train back like I do.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
T3 absolutely destroys my sleep. I go from a solid 7-8 hours to 5-6 hours in just a few days of using it.

A lot of people have a hard time growing their legs. This is not a shot at you, but just what I observe in general. People just don't know how to train legs properly. I get asked at least once a week, how I grew my quads and hamstrings. Usually my response is, don't do whatever they are doing. Haha. Same with biceps, triceps and delts. Don't ask me about chest, it sucks. Don't ask me about back, you will get hurt if you try and train back like I do.
I can’t do conventional leg workouts because of my back. Last time I got some growth was when I started doing the bike on high resistance for 5-10min. I should try some Bavarian split squats (or whatever they are called) again. Regular squats are out. Hack squats are out. Pendulum squats are out. And leg presses don’t grow shit for me. Lunges I haven’t done in awhile either. My leg workouts are pretty pathetic right now honestly. Bike, seated hamstring curls (have had good hamstring growth at least but need more quads for sure), leg extensions, abduction machine, glute/ hip machine. Time for a change.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I used to do two leg days. One quad dominant, one ham dominant. Before I got sick last year. It’s about time to bring that back. I just need to start going to bed earlier. I go to gym in morning before work so days I go to gym I’m getting an hour less of sleep.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I can’t do conventional leg workouts because of my back. Last time I got some growth was when I started doing the bike on high resistance for 5-10min. I should try some Bavarian split squats (or whatever they are called) again. Regular squats are out. Hack squats are out. Pendulum squats are out. And leg presses don’t grow shit for me. Lunges I haven’t done in awhile either. My leg workouts are pretty pathetic right now honestly. Bike, seated hamstring curls (have had good hamstring growth at least but need more quads for sure), leg extensions, abduction machine, glute/ hip machine. Time for a change.
Ankle mobility on the leg press will limit how well you can grow your quads. If you cannot get to parallel with your feet low on the platform and a narrow stance (about 3-4 inches apart) then you are not getting the ROM to grow your quads. Deeper is even better. However, most people will either put their feet higher or widen their stance to get deeper and it only transfers the resistance to their hips.

Most people mess up leg extensions as well. First, they set it up wrong. The pad should be as far back as possible without blowing your back up. You want to work the entire quad and can only do this if it is lengthened to the greatest extent possible. Second, do a single leg extension and watch how the knee is angled out and rotates in as you perform the movement. It does this to save the joint. Also, notice how you focus on pushing the weight away from you and not up. This same movement needs to be done when doing both legs. Most people don't. You will notice very little inner knee rotation unless you force it to do so and you also notice they are now lifting the weight up and not pushing it away. There needs to be a full ROM. The plates need to touch the other plates or stopper on each rep at the bottom and a pause, squeeze needs to be done at the top for every rep. I don't care if it is the first or last of a widow maker, they should look the same.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I definitely would put my feet out about shoulder width. Maybe a little wider. And high on the pad. When I go lower it hurts my back. But maybe not with closer foot position. Need to try them again. Thanks! If the back rest is adjustable do you go all the way up or down? I noticed when I have it all the way up it’s a lot easier so I would do them with back pad all the way down. Seemed to hit quads better and let me go deeper. That sound right? Set it all the way down?

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Are you saying you want the knee to rotate in on leg extensions or not? Toes angled out or in?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic