What's New?

HGH Dosing times

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Here is some info for you guys.

AbstractSend to:
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1994 Nov;41(5):609-14.
Growth hormone administration stimulates energy expenditure and extrathyroidal conversion of thyroxine to triiodothyronine in a dose-dependent manner and suppresses circadian thyrotrophin levels: studies in GH-deficient adults.
Jørgensen JO1, Møller J, Laursen T, Orskov H, Christiansen JS, Weeke J.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
The impact of exogenous GH on thyroid function remains controversial although most data add support to a stimulation of peripheral T4 to T3 conversion. For further elucidation we evaluated iodothyronine and circadian TSH levels in GH-deficient patients as part of a GH dose-response study.
PATIENTS:
Eight GH-deficient adults, who received stable T4 substitution due to central hypothyroidism; two patients, who were euthyroid without T4 supplementation were studied separately.
DESIGN:
All patients were initially studied after at least 4 weeks without GH followed by 3 consecutive 4-week periods in fixed order during which they received daily doses of 1, 2 and 4 IU of GH/m2 body surface area. The patients were hospitalized for 24 hours at the end of each period.
MEASUREMENTS:
Circulating total and free concentrations of T4 and T3, total rT3 and TSH were measured once at the end of each study period. Circadian TSH levels were recorded during the period without GH and during GH treatment with 2 IU GH.
RESULTS:
Highly significant GH dose-dependent increases in total and free T3 and a reduction in rT3 were observed. The T3/T4 ratio also increased with increasing GH dosages (P < 0.001). In seven patients subnormal T3 levels were recorded in the period off GH, despite T4 levels well within the normal range. Resting energy expenditure also increased and correlated with free T3 levels (r = 0.47, P < 0.05). The circadian TSH levels exhibited a significant nocturnal increase during the period without GH, whereas GH therapy significantly suppressed the TSH levels and blunted the circadian rhythm (mean TSH levels (mU/l) 0.546 +/- 0.246 (no GH) vs 0.066 +/- 0.031 (2 IU GH) (P < 0.05)). The two euthyroid non-T4 substituted patients exhibited qualitatively similar changes in all parameters.
CONCLUSIONS:
GH administration stimulated peripheral T4 to T3 conversion in a dose-dependent manner. Serum T3 levels were subnormal despite T4 substitution when the patients were off GH but normalized with GH therapy. Energy expenditure increased with GH and correlated with free T3 levels. GH caused a significant blunting of serum TSH. These findings suggest that GH plays a distinct role in the physiological regulation of thyroid function in general, and of peripheral T4 metabolism in particular.
PMID: 7828350 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

mands

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
Well so far I am not certain of gains. Staying same body fat but have out on 4lbs in the last two weeks.

Right hand and numbness at night is way more pronounced though!!!

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
One theory: 1iu, several times a day...

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
^^^Sounds like the making of a good discussion.

I've thought about it and the only guys I've heard about doing it are top guys.

I find myself torn between a higher amount for fasted cardio, preworkout for reasons discussed in the video I posted and night time since we do most of our healing during sleep and spread out in small 1iu doses.

Of course it would just be easier to up the doses and do it all right?

Not according to my wallet :D

I've been running 1iu when I can during low (cut) days but I'd like to do the same on high (bulk) days.

Anyone tried spreading it out evenly throughout the day?

I'm wondering if it would cut back on sides like water and CTS.

H

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Granted, when I do GH, I'm "lazy" about it and prefer doing it all at once :)

With that, said this is my thinking...
- Teenagers are typically known for eating all they want and still being otherwise fairly lean. As you know, this is the greatest time of GH output they/we will have.
- Endogenous GH is released in pulses throughout the day: If you want the most ACCURATE way to measure Gh levels, what we do in the hospital is measure a persons level every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- The human body is VERY much about "balance"... through negative and positive feedback loops, if "hormone X" is too high then either output is decreased (balls shut down) and/or "hormone X" can convert to other hormones (Test to DHT... test to estrogen, etc).
- I wonder if taking large, one time doses of GH puts one at more risk for prolactin issues, etc... more "bolus" of a hormone leads to greater conversion? I don't know if there is clinical research to this, but there is strong anecdotal evidence that smaller, more frequent testosterone injections lead to lower estrogen levels than if given all in one shot.
- So, going back to teens... do we see some teens with "bitch tits", sure , BUT, how many LEAN teens have them? Not that I ever kept track, but I can't recall any offhand at least. They certainly are horny as all hell so I'm speculating their progesterone and prolactin levels aren't too out of whack.
- With all that said then, maybe smaller, more frequent 1iu dosing does lead to lower prolactin levels, and more consistent lipolysis? Does a 3iu shot release less fat then 3, 1iu shots?

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
Man deep thoughts. And if this was my job yeah I think 2iu every 2 hours would be awesome. But just can't make that happen lol

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
4 iu pharm grade 2hrs pre work out with some dextrose. And grow.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Granted, when I do GH, I'm "lazy" about it and prefer doing it all at once :)

With that, said this is my thinking...
- Teenagers are typically known for eating all they want and still being otherwise fairly lean. As you know, this is the greatest time of GH output they/we will have.
- Endogenous GH is released in pulses throughout the day: If you want the most ACCURATE way to measure Gh levels, what we do in the hospital is measure a persons level every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- The human body is VERY much about "balance"... through negative and positive feedback loops, if "hormone X" is too high then either output is decreased (balls shut down) and/or "hormone X" can convert to other hormones (Test to DHT... test to estrogen, etc).
- I wonder if taking large, one time doses of GH puts one at more risk for prolactin issues, etc... more "bolus" of a hormone leads to greater conversion? I don't know if there is clinical research to this, but there is strong anecdotal evidence that smaller, more frequent testosterone injections lead to lower estrogen levels than if given all in one shot.
- So, going back to teens... do we see some teens with "bitch tits", sure , BUT, how many LEAN teens have them? Not that I ever kept track, but I can't recall any offhand at least. They certainly are horny as all hell so I'm speculating their progesterone and prolactin levels aren't too out of whack.
- With all that said then, maybe smaller, more frequent 1iu dosing does lead to lower prolactin levels, and more consistent lipolysis? Does a 3iu shot release less fat then 3, 1iu shots?

The prolactin wasn't something I was thinking about when I listed a couple sides. I actually had to run some Caber a while back to get rid of some gyno while running GH at 8iu but not breaking it up.

There's a study around that gives a little incite on the matter.

I mentioned the CTS and water issues because they stand out the most but I think they're not as bad since I've been splitting up the 1iu per meal on low days which is 4 1/2 days out of the week. I average 7iu now and no less that 3 injects on high days (8iu) and no less than 4 (6iu) on low days.

I started running some LR3 so that kind of throws the low CTS out the window for me right now.

I'm going full bulk probably within the next month and want to raise the GH a bit and the grocery bill is gonna skyrocket so I've got to get funds in order. I'm just a working guy.

I agree with the thinking and I might give the 1iu at a time a go and see what happens. I'm pretty in tune with changes and what goes on with me + I just like putting new things and different theories to the test. It always helps to give me that extra motivation and purpose.

H

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
No difference from night to morning for me, had to switch to morning because I started forgetting shots at night lol.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Since I've been on 4yrs straight and will stay on for good, I made the switch to 2.5iu Pre-bed with 2.5iu additional preworkout 4days/week. This about week 3 with the night dose and I will say the sleep has definitely improved over the 5iu q/a.m. protocol. After reading a fair amount of research you guys have convinced me my "natural" release at night was pretty weak at 45yrs old. Leaning out nicely with little other changes to regimen. 8%BF at 190lbs with 3wks to go til stage.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Jul 28, 2013
I like morning fasted all at once. 3.3 iu rHGH for a cruise and 5 iu for a blast.

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
I've added 2iu seros in the am upon waking which is also pre workout for me. Still doing the 5iu greys before bed.

Liking results. Progress pics taken 3 weeks apart show nice gains both leaning out And muscle fullness

Anabolics are pretty low at 600 test e 300 deca
Diet is 2600 cals with 250-300 grams protein.

Im currently 246lbs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic