Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Happy wife, happy life?

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Didn't realise most of you guys are married.personally you got to have communication.i have been married for 15years.marriage is not easy when you have kids but rewarding.never regretted it a day in my life.funny thing tho fishing is my love and I remember when I was dating my now wife I had collected all this fishing gear and had planned when we had kids we could go fishing.only problem is my three boys don't enjoy it.now I'm stuck with 20 grand worth of fishing lol.

lmao. I love fishing. When your ready lmk ill go with you lol. Do you saltwater or Bass? I have a Bass boat I love going out on since the bass in the southeast are pretty big since its warm year round. My buddies are all into saltwater so I go out with them all the time as well.

B

Bbanner

Nov 5, 2012
I am in the middle of shit canning my wife. She has turned into a raging alcoholic. Staggers around the house vomiting every night. Very sad, watching the one you love destroy themselves. She refuses to acknowledge she has a problem. A guy can only handle so much. 10 years, at least the first 8 were good.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I am in the middle of shit canning my wife. She has turned into a raging alcoholic. Staggers around the house vomiting every night. Very sad, watching the one you love destroy themselves. She refuses to acknowledge she has a problem. A guy can only handle so much. 10 years, at least the first 8 were good.

I hate what Alcohol does to people, So sad.

Prayer does amazing things for people, GOD can set her free brother.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Happiness keeps it easier ,
I chose that road for a long time ..

Until you realize you're not ok with being "friends" and you've spent years lying to keep the peace ..
You either decide that it's not worth changing or like me you step back and go how the fuck did I get here , and I am worth so much more ... And then your headed down the divorce train , like me

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
There's something to be said for picking your battles for sure.

With that said, wifey-poo and I wrap each others' knees at meets, call depth, and always train together, ride motorcycles together, smoke cigars together, and she's cool about letting me disappear with the guys when I need it..... I'd be hard pressed to find another like her.
Same goes the other way though. Happy husband, happy life for her..... because I realize she does all this with me I make it a point to make sure she gets what she wants.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Just had our 27th anniversary, and we've been together for 31 years. I'm very fortunate to have found what I know to be my soulmate at such a young age. What I have learned being married for most of my life, is the the majority of issues we had in the early and mid years, always had something to do with the kids or money. By that I mean whether or not the kids had done their chores or homework, or how they were disciplined etc. money? well there just never seems to be enough of it, lol. Very rarely if ever did we fight over ourselves. My kids are 22 and 18, graduates of college and high school, both have their own cars and are self reliant, and always out with their friends and I tell you our lives have come full circle. We go out on dates, dancing, dinners, movies. It's just us again! Just like it started!!

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
That really sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. My wife put up with me and my alcoholism for years. This Sunday will be 4 years sober for me. After all I put her through and her sticking with me I want to give her the nicer car, let her have her way most all of the time. I'm no door mat, but she's no ordinary woman. Maybe the reason she stuck with me is because I acknowledged I had a problem about as soon as I got one. I was trying to quit for years before I experienced the pit... the very bottom that got me on the road to sobriety.

Anyway, that really sucks to goddamn bad man. I hate what alcohol does to alcoholics.

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
I'm on my 4th marriage and I have to say... this time I believe I've got a keeper. My wife treats me like a king, respect, humility and submissiveness. I've had my share of experience to know what I've got. I was married 10 years the first time, 16 years the second, and 3 months and three weeks to a psyco "internet bitch" the third time. My wife is very petite but I let her do pretty much whatever she wants because I know she won't knowingly do anything to jeopardize our friendship or our peaceful life. I'm not a religious man but I know that God musta picked this one for me 'cause I obviously wasn't any good at it. She is non confrontational, which is NOT my nature, and she has trained me to be more humble through that route. I'll bow up and spew out some hurtful BS and then huff off and think about it. Then I'll come back and apologize for being a horses ass. She is truly my "best friend". I hope it never changes. Seven years along this this time, so far, so good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic