Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Guanajuato, Mexico

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Anyone been here? It's maybe an hour or so west of San Miguel. I know some members have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico. @MR. BMJ comes to mind if I remember correctly. I'm heading down next month and just wanted to know if there was anything important I should know.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea man, i've never been to Guanajuato. It's right dab smack in the middle of Mayheecoh, lol. Lots of architectural stuff to see. I'm not sure how it is down there from a cartel standpoint. I do see that it boarders Zacatecas and Michoacan, which have been bad in the past. It's not near the beaches either, sort of like the Kansas of Mexico, but with more cool buildings and stuff, lol. Hopefully there are some good-looking women down there....some that practice good hygiene at least, heh heh heh.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Beef just don't get off the beaten path! It's been a while since I've been in the state of Guanajuato, but the architecture (which interests me) is amazing and if interested there are some good companies that have some good tour guides which will show you the places/history important to Mexico. If you can please bring me back a cute seniorita!!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Beef just don't get off the beaten path! It's been a while since I've been in the state of Guanajuato, but the architecture (which interests me) is amazing and if interested there are some good companies that have some good tour guides which will show you the places/history important to Mexico. If you can please bring me back a cute seniorita!!

If I know anything about Beef, he will only be bringing back as many Latina senoritas as possible, for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
It's a cool little city. My wife's cousin (white male from the Midwest) lived there until he passed away from the Shot 2 years ago. He taught Art at the university there.
As others said above the architecture is pretty amazing. Great street food, people are very friendly and plenty of hot women. I was surprised how clean it was. I have not been there in 5 plus years.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Thanks, guys. The only reason I do anything is for women. She lives there. Everything I've read seems to mirror what you all have said, especially regarding cleanliness. It seems to be a very colorful city. The original plan was to stay in San Miguel de Allende, but I was concerned over getting back in time for return flight (she doesn't drive, and I was concerned over finding an Uber that early). Apparently there is a large expat community there, and English is commonly spoken. We may still visit there on Saturday. Anyway, if there are any extra senioritas, I will send them here but have to warn them about LK.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks, guys. The only reason I do anything is for women. She lives there. Everything I've read seems to mirror what you all have said, especially regarding cleanliness. It seems to be a very colorful city. The original plan was to stay in San Miguel de Allende, but I was concerned over getting back in time for return flight (she doesn't drive, and I was concerned over finding an Uber that early). Apparently there is a large expat community there, and English is commonly spoken. We may still visit there on Saturday. Anyway, if there are any extra senioritas, I will send them here but have to warn them about LK.
Yeah, LK may request some weird stuff. Love hearing this though, man. Hope you have a blast with the lady!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I hate to be the wet blanket here but we live in Houston. Quit going to Mexico a few years back because of the violence. Not worth the risk. The last time we flew through the Mexico City airport, we had a 4 hour lay over, the cartel visibility was huge and very obvious. Come to find out they have control over the airports.

Here is just one of many articles about the violence that has been taking place in Guanajuato for the past few years

Houston has also been over run by cartels and their violence. The DEA just arrested 41 cartel members last week,

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel has been the subject of a 5 year multi-task investigation. Yesterday 50 indictments, 41 people have been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, and meth. Authorities seized about 550 kilograms of meth, 249 kilograms of cocaine, 34 kilograms of heroin, five kilograms of pentobarbital, and 22,600 fentanyl-laced pills.

LE says "The Jalisco New Generation Cartel is not just a far-off entity. They're in the streets of Houston. They're in our communities."

Co-conspirators allegedly distributed the narcotics to New Orleans, Louisiana; Pensacola, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Nashville, Tennessee; and Chicago, Illinois.

During the arrests, authorities said nine firearms, several Rolex watches, and large amounts of U.S. currency, including $190,000, were seized during a traffic stop in Porter.

The same day there was a cartel hit on a Dominical politician's son right here in Houston. Fully automatic weapons were used

The next day the FBI raided an illegal alien stash house were people were being held for ransom. Run by the same cartel and also that day a huge chop shop with millions of dollars of stolen cars was busted. Also run by The Jalisco New Generation Cartel

Good luck! There are a whole lot of nice places to go all over the world that are not so violent.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I hate to be the wet blanket here but we live in Houston. Quit going to Mexico a few years back because of the violence. Not worth the risk. The last time we flew through the Mexico City airport, we had a 4 hour lay over, the cartel visibility was huge and very obvious. Come to find out they have control over the airports.
Good luck! There are a whole lot of nice places to go all over the world that are not so violent.

No, this is the stuff I need to know. If it didn't involve a woman, I wouldn't be going. It seemed relatively safe, as least compared to border towns. What I'm most interested is in how to appear uninteresting to anyone. I don't want to attract anyone's attention and just want to get back and forth from airport/hotel without incident. Fortunately, I will not be flying into Mexico City, and the airport is not far from Guanajuato, with the hotel offering shuttle service. But anyone can be compromised, even unwillingly. Even though they may have a presence in all airports, I would imagine it's most active in larger metro areas (I hope).

Edit: Yea, I just read all those articles... I'm going to have to talk to her and maybe reevaluate our plans.

Last edited:
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I would go, wouldnt even think twice about it.
Friends drove to San Miquel for new years, her mom lives there as an expat.
My brother lived in Mexico City and Puebla for 3 years, left Mexico last year (work).
We went to Cancun in September, December, February and going to Tulum/Cancun in July.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
When I hear about the cartel violence, it is very disconcerting. But it would be nice to know whether these bursts of violence are between rival cartels, or random violence. It's the random violence that I care about. I'm not mixing things up with drugs, guns, etc.

I'd like to think the cartels are prudent enough to know that scaring away all the tourism will turn this beautiful city into a hellhole.

I looked up some pics, and the town looks absolutely fantastic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic