Latest Member
jacobss

Goose Island Bourbon County

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Currently drinking through a few years, opened a 2017, 2018 and 2019, may dig deep and grab a '14 out the cellar

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Currently drinking through a few years, opened a 2017, 2018 and 2019, may dig deep and grab a '14 out the cellar
I'm just doing some local distilled vodka. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just picked up this year's BCBS, it's the only thing I shop for on Black Friday

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Just picked up this year's BCBS, it's the only thing I shop for on Black Friday
Let me know which are the good ones. We need to coordinate because I forgot every year.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Went to a bar a week or so ago that had an amazing array of bourbons. Probably 150 different ones to pick from. As I'm a bit of a tightwad, I limited my choices to price points that were not in the stratosphere. Crazy what some go for.

One bourbon I had on the rocks was the Eagle Rare. I'd heard it was well-rated for its price point, and I was not disappointed. I'd pick up a bottle for home, but it's from the Buffalo Trace distillery, and for some reason you can't find any of the Buffalo Trace bourbons in my area lately.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Eagle Rare is OK, I like Buffalo Trace better.
They got in on the whole secondary bourbon market by raising their prices. A LOT over the past 3 years and now release less in certain areas to create a buzz so they can later raise prices again.
Anything you wanna try @tommyguns2 lemme know, if I have it I will send you a sample.
I have about 200+ bottles of bourbon, scotch and rye.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Eagle Rare is OK, I like Buffalo Trace better.
They got in on the whole secondary bourbon market by raising their prices. A LOT over the past 3 years and now release less in certain areas to create a buzz so they can later raise prices again.
Anything you wanna try @tommyguns2 lemme know, if I have it I will send you a sample.
I have about 200+ bottles of bourbon, scotch and rye.
Thanks LK, much appreciated! I genuinely enjoy the Buffalo Trace as well, and it used to be nice and cheap when I could find it.

Another cheap one that I genuinely enjoy that people make fun of me about is the Wild Turkey 101. Everyone goofs on me and calls it college swill, but I swear if you close your eyes and drink it with a few cubes, it's a very good sipping bourbon.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Picked up a case of 2023 BC stout on Friday. Store only had 1 case and a few loose bottles. Waiting for more Jackie O's to hit the shelves. Big fan of Penelope Toasted, Char 1 Heavy and Willett Small Batch Rye, a few others but nothing I'd ever put ice in. Woodford Double Oaked for sipping. Whiskey War double double is also really good.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Woodford Double Oaked for sipping.
You're not the first person who's told me I'm missing out on this one. I'll keep my eyes open as everyone's told me to grab one, or two. LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic