Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Glucosamine dependence...???

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Anyone ever heard that once you start glucosamine supplementation that without it your joints will never feel good without it?

I have a few family members who swear that it changed their life for the better once they started taking it, but warned me not to start because at such a young age there's no need to be dependent on it for comfort.

I'm 28 and have a considerable amount of joint pain when shoveling and piping at work, during house hold maintenance, sports, lifting... Life basically - and would love a better quality of life <--- One of the main reasons why I take this lifting and nutrition shit so serious you know?!

To glucosamine or not... That is the question.

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
I take fish oil for my joints and it works wonders for me. I only take the liquid though. Maybe try that first.

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
i took it for about 2 years straight appoximately 5- 6 years ago. when i stopped taking it i had no increase in discomfort, although this also correlated with the time i stoppped running gear for a while so its hard to say, maybe my joints were doing better from not lifting as heavy or as frequent. if i were you i would give it a shot, having pain all the time is no way to go through life and glucosamine is a hell of lot safer than NSAIDS or other alternatives in the long term. definitely start a hefty dose of fish oil as well, its a natural anti inflamatory and blood thinner. one other product that i found actually helps is cissus. when my shoulder starts really acting up i take this along with some doing rehab and it keeps the pain to tolerable levels

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I fish oil three times a day and have been for about three months. No relief there... Unless of course I'd feel worse without out you know?

Thanks for the insight. Gotta get the money up for this stuff though - kinda pricey

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I dont know the correct answer BUT common sense tells me that if I am taking glucosamine I am taking it because my joints hurt. If they feel better once taking Gluc. then the supp is working at alleviating the pain .When I stop the supp isnt there to help .So it isnt a cure for a bad joint but yet a supp to help it.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I feel you on that. I think I'd rather fix the problem than mask it though. I thought gluc. helped lubricate, therefore maybe leaving the joints lubricated, even after ceasing use... This is why I am aaking

M

magician

Apr 10, 2012
i took it for about 6 months when my elbow was killing me at the gym from going real heavy all the time. I stopped taking it and didn't really notice any difference. Elbow hurts a little now but not as bad as before I took it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic