Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Giant Cell Tumors

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Anyone ever had these? Had a cluster of them show up in my fingertip, right-middle. Dumbest place for tumors. Getting them removed next month. Scheduled at end of this workout cycle. Reovery will be simple. It's just the incision itself, which will be small. Outpatient and just local anesthesia. They're benign.. just annoying. Excision is only way to get rid of them.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Well.....I had something similar years ago on my left index finger. At first I tought it was a wart, but it would never heal up. Finally after a few months, I went to the doctor and he referred me to a plastic surgeon (because fingertips are very sensitive, and he didn't want to take a chance on screwing it up and have me lose feeling in it).

Anyway, I went and saw the plastic surgeon, and he said it could be one of three things: A tumor, herpes, or veins growing together (it's called something but I don't remember). After he said that, I said, "Well, it can't be herpes because I don't use that finger when I'm diddling a girl." I started laughing and he just stared at me dumfounded...LOL...

Anyway, after he removed the growth it turned out to be the veins growing together thing. Never had anything like that happen since.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
What an unusual thing. I'm going to have to research that for pics.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Is it painful? I ask because my wife used to get herpetic whitlow on her finger but it was painful. And it was antiviral resistant too. It turned into lymphangitis and almost killed her the first time she got it. Ended up on an IV of some special antiviral because nothing was working that they sent her home with. She has to take that special antiviral at the first sign of it now. Luckily it’s been years since last outbreak. But it’s basically a kind of herpes virus like chicken pox/ shingles. It looked very similar to a wart. That’s what we thought it was at first. But it got extremely painful. And no she doesn’t have genital herpes. Lol

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It can be uncomfortable but it's not necessarily painful. For example, if I go to grab something that puts pressure on the fingertip, it feels weird due to the extra mass in there. And due to growth, that area of the fingertip itself is starting to feel tighter. If I let it go, and it grows more, I can easily see where it'll start pushing against more stuff like nerves, and then it'd start hurting more. It used to be a small lump maybe two years ago, and this past year, two more showed up... starting to get crowded. They'll send it off to pathology anyway, but he said GCT's are very common... second most common type of tumor behind Ganglion Cysts. You can't even really see these as they're under the skin, but if you compare it to the other middle finger you can tell a definite size and volume difference.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Sounds totally different. Fortunately. This thing would start hurting right away, not even using that finger and it was tiny.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I grabbed this off Google. It's pretty similar to mine, except I don't have that long nasty fingernail. You can just barely see the raised area behind which the tumors press up.

1671396068697.png

They'll probably find that they're solid balls of melanin or something from taking too much MT2 year after year.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I grabbed this off Google. It's pretty similar to mine, except I don't have that long nasty fingernail. You can just barely see the raised area behind which the tumors press up.

View attachment 13315

They'll probably find that they're solid balls of melanin or something from taking too much MT2 year after year.
Maybe! Haha

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic