Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Frontloading 101 and why you should always frontload

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I have never front loaded but, im sure as with a lot of tbings there are reasons to and merits behind it. I would say personal preference is the main thing. Im past the point of big fancy cycles though. I lrefer a low slow steady dose these days. 500 mg is a blast for me. Happy pinning boys

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I used to be all for frontloading. Had a post somewhere that showed the comparison using the half life of cypionate, since it's one ester that actually has had some credible studies done with it. The math adds up. After experience however I am against it and I actually practice the opposite myself. I find that I experience far less side effects, particularly fluctuations in BP and insomnia (the only two I really get), when I taper on to a cycle rather than blast my way into it.

And I like the waiting. I like the slow onset, seeing it starting to have an effect and knowing that my dose is still going to go up from there. I don't know when the last time was I did a cycle that was less than 20 weeks either. I never use high doses... not by today's standards. For me the absolute best results have come from very long and pretty low dose cycles.

And I completely agree that frontloading a compound you've never used before would be a dumb thing to do. I tapered on to EQ at 300 for like 5 weeks before going up. The nightmares and anxiety some people report getting... turns out I don't get any of those, but could you imagine finding out you do get those with a compound that takes about 12 weeks to even kick in? That would be fun times waiting for that to clear your system.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am in total agreement with the old "Clapster"...lol

W

walrus108

Mar 12, 2014
I front loaded my last cycle. Never again. It probably works, but for me, with test C and equi, within 10 days my blood pressure was 170 over 100! I never had that kind of problem before. It seems to have just shocked my system maybe a little too much. I skiped a dose and then went to my normal schedule and my blood pressure did level off to its normal 124 over 79 area within a few weeks. Made me think perhaps easing into a cycle is not such a bad thing. Just my personal one time experience as a fyi

Juice N Goose

Juice N Goose

Jul 13, 2014
Frontloading

Hello Mands,Great to see an experienced Brother from the "Home World"

At first the concept of frontloading seemed a little worrisome,esp. with long esters,i.e. once its in your system...its in for the duration.

However,in the final analysis, I do believe it was worthwhile in my last cycle which did include EQ and at another experienced advisors suggestion, I frontloaded the roughly 1gram as the formula for my level of dosing called for. I am sure,empirically, it was a wise move and should I use EQ again I will certainly not hesitate to frontload it.

I will seek out further advice on each compound I intend to run in any further cycle as the situation warrants and as it applies to frontloading and any possible additional side effects unique to this method.

Regards,Goose

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hello Mands,Great to see an experienced Brother from the "Home World"

At first the concept of frontloading seemed a little worrisome,esp. with long esters,i.e. once its in your system...its in for the duration.

However,in the final analysis, I do believe it was worthwhile in my last cycle which did include EQ and at another experienced advisors suggestion, I frontloaded the roughly 1gram as the formula for my level of dosing called for. I am sure,empirically, it was a wise move and should I use EQ again I will certainly not hesitate to frontload it.

I will seek out further advice on each compound I intend to run in any further cycle as the situation warrants and as it applies to frontloading and any possible additional side effects unique to this method.

Regards,Goose

Yes sir! Good to see you as well and glad you had success.

I am a big believer in front-loading long esters and will always incorporate when I blast.

mands

M

m_t pockets

Jun 17, 2014
Im new to all this frontloading myself. Is this overall saying if a guy is planning on running 500mg of say Test E each week to dose that entire 500mg on your first pin day?
Than go back to 250mg 2x a week?

Juice N Goose

Juice N Goose

Jul 13, 2014
Evidence in a clinical setting of frontloading

When I was new to the Marine Corps Some buddies and I wanted to be volunteer paramedics as part of Operation:Volunteer. Later(by the second year) I saw,not so much on the ambulance but very often in the hospital during that rotation frontloading of MANY drugs as being very common. Case in point: the head injury/seizure unit. The neurologists would routinely frontload anti-epileptic drugs. Once it was pointed out to me, it made perfect sense! As you said,I guess sometimes it comes with increased sides but had they not given a loading dose of the AED's the pt's wouldve kept seizing(except for the benzo for one status-epilepticus pt) I see the logic

Goose. Btw,how have you been Doctor?

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Im new to all this frontloading myself. Is this overall saying if a guy is planning on running 500mg of say Test E each week to dose that entire 500mg on your first pin day?
Than go back to 250mg 2x a week?

To keep it simple if you are running a 500mg cycle of Test C. the first week you could front-load with 1000mg and then the second week drop it back down to 500mg. This should get you levels up around week 2 or 3 instead of 5 or 6.

When I was new to the Marine Corps Some buddies and I wanted to be volunteer paramedics as part of Operation:Volunteer. Later(by the second year) I saw,not so much on the ambulance but very often in the hospital during that rotation frontloading of MANY drugs as being very common. Case in point: the head injury/seizure unit. The neurologists would routinely frontload anti-epileptic drugs. Once it was pointed out to me, it made perfect sense! As you said,I guess sometimes it comes with increased sides but had they not given a loading dose of the AED's the pt's wouldve kept seizing(except for the benzo for one status-epilepticus pt) I see the logic

Goose. Btw,how have you been Doctor?

Yes he's around here and been checking in over at MESO once in a while.

mands

M

m_t pockets

Jun 17, 2014
To keep it simple if you are running a 500mg cycle of Test C. the first week you could front-load with 1000mg and then the second week drop it back down to 500mg. This should get you levels up around week 2 or 3 instead of 5 or 6.

Yes he's around here and been checking in over at MESO once in a while.

mands
Now is that a good idea for a 1st time pinner?

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
In my opinion yes...

If the first time pinner is educated, has an AI on hand and does what most consider a first time cycle. For example 500mg Test Cyp or Enanth. weekly. Then yes, front-load for sure.

mands

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic