Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

For the big game hunters

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I had a knife with a gutting hook on it and after 25 years, it got lost. I picked up this inexpensive knife and man does it do a great job. The gutting hook opens a deer up like a zipper on a jacket. The angle of the blade is great for skinning. The finger hole is great for hide removal.

If field dressing and butchering a deer is in your future, consider something like this.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
What’s the blade length? Is it even 4” long? Pic just makes it look short. Not saying that’s a bad thing just curious.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I hunt big racks, but I'll manage a b cup from time to time.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
What’s the blade length? Is it even 4” long? Pic just makes it look short. Not saying that’s a bad thing just curious.
6.5" long. I was concerned that when I got it, the handle that was 2.75" would be too short but with the finger hole, the control is really nice.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is a pretty blade. I have a buck knife that I bought for $30 that seems to never go dull. I stopped field dressing deer long ago. I just hide them out where they fall and carry out the meat in microbial bags. I could go look at my tag counts over the last 6 years since I have been here, but I would guess I have taken off 18-22 hides without sharpening that knife.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
That is a pretty blade. I have a buck knife that I bought for $30 that seems to never go dull. I stopped field dressing deer long ago. I just hide them out where they fall and carry out the meat in microbial bags. I could go look at my tag counts over the last 6 years since I have been here, but I would guess I have taken off 18-22 hides without sharpening that knife.
I know this knife isn't the best steel. A good knife keeps it edge is doesn't sharpen easy, this one does. I just like the design.

18-22? That's rabbits right? lol

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My cousin bought me one of those knives that you replace the blade with what looks like a razor blade. Now most real outdoorsmen would never admit to owning one but damn it is sharp. You just need to get the replacement blades.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My cousin bought me one of those knives that you replace the blade with what looks like a razor blade. Now most real outdoorsmen would never admit to owning one but damn it is sharp. You just need to get the replacement blades.
I have one of those too. Never used it, but it is always in my bag.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yes, we need you hand modeling it for size.
LK was originally going to say your pecker but I talked him out of it.

Good looking knife. Do you know the two kinds of steel in the Damascus? I love the look of it.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
LK was originally going to say your pecker but I talked him out of it.

Good looking knife. Do you know the two kinds of steel in the Damascus? I love the look of it.
No one wants to see my pecker. Hell the only time I look is so I don't piss on the bathroom wall.

No idea on the steel. I think the knife was only like $20 or less but it did the job. Probably go to use it next year it will be rusty.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic