jacobss
What's New?

Food Prices

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Is $3.99 a steal for egg whites?…. How can we GameStop the govt? Can we short sale them?

That isn't too bad....well, for right now, lol. Is that for 16oz or 32oz?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah if I don't get at Costco they are $8 a quart.

Just made Sunday sauce and noticed packs of sausage now only have 5 sausage instead if 6 for a higher price. Spending more than a new Mercedes on food a month, it's insane.
I think they call that "shrinkflation". They are decreasing the quantity of the product while keeping the prices the same or still raising them. I read how some stores are making this known to customers with signs next to the product.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
That isn't too bad....well, for right now, lol. Is that for 16oz or 32oz?
I believe it’s 16oz. Dang it, it might even be $2.99. I’ll let you know when I head to the store next week

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Even the butcher raised their prices. I bought 40 lbs of chicken breast today for $95 and it came with a little bit of shrinkflation too. When I got the case home, I had to trim a lot more fat off the chicken than normal, so not only did the price go up quite a bit, but I am getting less meat than before.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Meat prices at the grocery store have gotten ridiculous. I went in with my BIL last year and split a half side of beef. I'm going to do the same thing again this year. Was able to get several hundred pounds of beef at an average prince of about 4-4.5 dollars/pound, which is the cost of ground beef in my area. Steaks and roasts are well more than double that, in some cases, triple that.
I would absolutely be game in doing this if anyone else wanted, or Tommy if doing it under 1 person for econ of scale discount, then handle by group on the back end.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
and the freaking bag is barely half full. The rest is air.
Wtf McDonald's I got a double quarter pounder with cheese only. That's it just a burger, I had to stop at the window and tell them I did not want a meal. They said we know that's that's the price of the burger.

wagatanga

wagatanga

Jun 8, 2023
I gotta say, reading about those food price hikes is a bit of a bummer, isn't it? Especially when you see stats like a 19.6% increase since February 2021. That's no joke. I can totally relate to what you're saying about the impact on budgets. I mean, I got a 4% raise this year, which I was pretty stoked about... until I realized it's barely making a dent in covering the rising food costs. And hey, speaking of food, have any of you checked out https://www.therevolution.ie/? I stumbled upon it recently, and their prices seem pretty reasonable considering the current situation. Their pies are seriously delicious.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
What are you going to do with the 5 cents you just earned for posting that? You missed your target audience by a few thousand miles.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Lighten up, beef. That post about food reminded me how cheap spam is.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
and speaking of food prices, anyone remember when bird flu was driving up the prices of eggs and chicken?

Anyone following this?

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic